Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Driving licence query ( Saffers)

D

Deleted 99482

A Saffer friend of mine needs to renew her UK driving licence
she has indefinite leave to remain ( been working here 20 years )
settled status via her Dutch passport
but is coming up to 70 so needs to renew it every three years
the computer in her local post office has gone belly up so they are no help
would they have sent her a letter ?
she has an accommodation address with some friends, so mail may well be waiting for her, but they have been locked down in another county so may just be getting back
can it be done on line, or is it a visit to someplace
ta for any assistance, shes having a few problems not being able to visit the family back home
and this is getting her worried
and she makes nice cakes
sixths is important to me !!
Ta muchly

By post
The DVLA will send you a D46P application form 90 days before your 70th birthday, and then every three years afterwards. Complete the form and return it to the DVLA. If you haven't got the D46P form, you can use a 'D1 application for a driving licence form', which you can pick up from a Post Office.

If you have a photocard licence, you will need to send a new passport-type photo with your application form.
If you have a paper licence, you will need to send an up-to-date passport-type photo with your application.

Postal applications take up to 3 weeks.

Renewing Your Driving Licence

Driving after 70 - Learn how to renew licence | Age UK

Edited to add - it says on money saving expert that those who's photocard driving licences have expired during covid have an additional seven months before they need to renew their licence.

Last edited:
A Saffer friend of mine needs to renew her UK driving licence
she has indefinite leave to remain ( been working here 20 years )
settled status via her Dutch passport
but is coming up to 70 so needs to renew it every three years
the computer in her local post office has gone belly up so they are no help
would they have sent her a letter ?
she has an accommodation address with some friends, so mail may well be waiting for her, but they have been locked down in another county so may just be getting back
can it be done on line, or is it a visit to someplace
ta for any assistance, shes having a few problems not being able to visit the family back home
and this is getting her worried
and she makes nice cakes
sixths is important to me !!
Ta muchly
If she is able to use the address that's on her licence, she should be able to renew
if she needs to change the address as well as a new licence, then no