Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driving licence lessons as ODP?

RGJson

Crow
Hi,

Will the army pay for me to learn to drive if applying for Operating Department Practitioner given that is not a role specific requirement?

Cheers

Hi,

Will the army pay for me to learn to drive if applying for Operating Department Practitioner given that is not a role specific requirement?

Cheers

I dont know about that specific role, but lots of COs have pushed to make sure all of their unit has licenses so you can be used in other roles if needed and for general convenience (If you have to go somewhere and cant drive they would have to supply someone to drive you there).

Hi,

Cheers
Once you're in and trained you will have to speak to your line manager/MT department.

The role specific bit means that you will automatically be trained, and likely loaded on to a course as part of your phase 2 and phase 2 establishment's budget. There are very few, if any tbh, trades now that don't benefit from being able to drive. So in all honesty you'll probably be able to do it post training on your new unit's budget.

Failing that you do receive £175 a year for training, so could put that towards it.