Driving licence address? Trying to reapply

Hi,

I'm trying to re apply for my driving licence as when I started basic it was taken from me but i DAOR and it seems the address has been changed on my licence so I cant apply for it under lost as I dont know the current address on the licence.

Any help would be appreciated.

Phase 1 was at Pirbright and phase 2 would have been at Larkhill.

legobrick

Clanker
Its not a wise move to use your number as a username, persec and all that.
If you lost it at the start of basic, its either going to be your home address or Pirbright if you updated it at the time.
Have you contacted the dvla or just tried reapplying online?

Its not a wise move to use your number as a username, persec and all that.
If you lost it at the start of basic, its either going to be your home address or Pirbright if you updated it at the time.
Have you contacted the dvla or just tried reapplying online?
I didn't lose it, they take it from you to send off to add stuff too it.

Tried home address and pirbright, No luck

Just get a change of address. I did the same last year (different reasons). You just apply for a "change of address", give them the new one and thats it, they send it there.

Just get a change of address. I did the same last year (different reasons). You just apply for a "change of address", give them the new one and thats it, they send it there.
I have tried that but you need to know the current address on the licence. I have tried my home address aswel as pirbright and says incorrect information

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
I have tried that but you need to know the current address on the licence. I have tried my home address aswel as pirbright and says incorrect information
When we moved house a couple of years ago, my licence was up for renewal anyway and I asked by e-mail if I had to apply for a licence for the new address and then, six or seven weeks later renew it. They told me that I could do both at the same time right away and gave me the internet address where to do it. When I accessed the website and gave my details, name, DOB etc, a form came up that already had our address on it. All I had to do was enter our new address, answer a few more questions and send it off. Maybe you could try that.

MsG

Post Office.Get DVLA form D1.It does not require a previous address, although it does ask if your name and or address has changed since your last licence was issued?

They should have given it back to you. If you had it in hand when you joined it is documentation belonging to you, your property. The army may have wanted to add and update things cos the know likkle sodiers are shite at doing it for themselves but, it is still your's to be returned.

Call the place where you were discharged and tell them they have some of your property which you would like back.....ASAP. Then because they are going to ignore you write a letter to the CO of wherever should have your licence and tell him you want the licence returned as not having it is hindering your ability to work.

They should have given it back to you. If you had it in hand when you joined it is documentation belonging to you, your property. The army may have wanted to add and update things cos the know likkle sodiers are shite at doing it for themselves but, it is still your's to be returned.

Call the place where you were discharged and tell them they have some of your property which you would like back.....ASAP. Then because they are going to ignore you write a letter to the CO of wherever should have your licence and tell him you want the licence returned as not having it is hindering your ability to work.
Well it may have been taken a copy of for vetting as I just had to have it done along with my passport for the purpose of a position with plod, I don't imagine they retain it, the young lady who was interviewing me simply took them and made it copies and handed originals back as par security vetting (DV)

Well it may have been taken a copy of for vetting as I just had to have it done along with my passport for the purpose of a position with plod, I don't imagine they retain it, the young lady who was interviewing me simply took them and made it copies and handed originals back as par security vetting (DV)
They used to take them off people if they had them to apply for various provisional licences and update the address to the Trg Bn and Depot address from those who had them and get the nig's to fill out provisional licence forms. Then at the end of basic before you went to Leconfield you were given the new, updated licence.

I would assume matey boy left before his licence arrived back, or it is sat in a file somewhere waiting for him to collect it before he gets posted to a unit, or goes on a driving course.................which of course he will never do.

You can do it on line, please change your user name and your bank pin number of 4746
Edit. Oh and your phone lock

Last edited:

Latest Threads