Driving in Germany

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tankiebootneckdad, Feb 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon all, I'm sure this question has been asked before but please indulge me.

What are the laws concerning driving in Germany in a hire car on a UK licence? Specifically if you think you have been clocked for speeding, where do you stand?

Your response would be appreciated.
  2. You're fucked and interpol will hunt you down.
    Just remember they've got the European arrest warrants.
    You can run but you can't hide.

3. Now now, George, don`t scare the lad. The fact is he probably wont do much more than six months, the tattooed numbers on his arm will be with him for life though.
  4. Thanks C_G, a good laugh. Perhaps I should have asked for a sensible response!!!......I did laugh though.
  5. Serious hat on.
    Im sure if its German registered and the hire company has a copy of your licence, then yes I would think you'll cop a bill.
    Serious hat off.
    You're still fucked ;-)

6. Thanks C_G, just as I thought. What about points on your licence?
  7. The rental co will send the fine through the post. Points would depend on how fast you were going. Not all autobahns are limit free. Chances are you will just get a fine as it would be too expensive getting you back to the Fatherland and a court. Wife got clocked and the fine was €60 for approx 20kmh over the 120limit by the camara.
  8. How fast, where, when, etc. It'll be exactly the same fines/points as if it was your own car. But read the hire paperwork - there may well be an admin charge from the hire company too.
  9. 100% there will be.
  10. It's 'Camorra' 'n' they want the money..endex