Driving down instead of taking the train.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by jon752, Feb 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i start my phase 1 training this Sunday at ATR Bassingbourn. Instead of taking the train my Parent offered to take me down after i said i was taking the train. I rung the office to say that my Parents were driving me down and they said just hand in the travel warrant in at the office. Is that all i have to do? Or do i have to ring ATR Bassingbourn to tell them that im driving down?

2. no there shouldnt be problem just take your warrent back and just be there for the time that you have asked to be there, wouldnt want to be late for your first day wouldn't be a very good start :).

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just turn up. Go to guardroom on arrival and they will direct you to where you have to go.
    Guardroom is just inside main gate.

4. Ok thanks for the help.

5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Although did anyone else get a weird mental image from the thread title?

6. The Guard Commander (Big Bloke behind desk in Guardroom just inside main gate) will check you off the list, ask if you would like a newspaper, remind you where the dining hall is for breakfast and call the porter to take your luggage to your room.

Sorry couldn't resist :twisted:

7. I fought hard to resist... mustn't take the piss......

[​IMG]

which way to Bassingbourne guv?

8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well it is in the wetlands, and there has been rain lately.

9. I got a mental pic of a recruit sky diving in :D

10. Just take the train. Your mum will only embarrass you at the gate by crying, calling you her little soldier and spitting on a tissue to clean your face.

11. I was going to but they insisted and it would be hard to refuse. Especially since i handed in my warrant.

Also didn't notice the typo in the name. It's edited, thanks for not taking the p*ss.

12. Good Luck mate :) Make Mum proud !

13. used to be at ATR B - jus take warrant with you. They do a reception and dont mind parents dropping you off. They get a quick tour so they know we will look after you - then they leave - then it starts lol