Driving disqualification - Pros & Cons.

Due to an episode over the Xmas period, I could lose my driving licence. Having got over the initial shock, I can now see only positives:-
No being used as a gopher by my missus;
Savings to be made on car upkeep;
As a non-driver, I can drink with impunity whenever we go out;
I can cancel my insurance;
I get to be chauffeured about by my missus.
I'm sure there are more, but so far I can't think of any negatives

Over to you.

Apart from the high cost of insurance when you want to get your license again, insurers will take the piss something chronic

Only the plus side you could hire a nubile wench to drive you around preferably one that likes to wear skimpy clothing

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ive been driving a business man around for the best part of a year for £200 a day... he gets his licence back in March and I'll be gutted when he starts driving again

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Apart from the high cost of insurance when you want to get your license again, insurers will take the piss something chronic

Only the plus side you could hire a nubile wench to drive you around preferably one that likes to wear skimpy clothing
I'm neither nubile or a wench

When i had a month ban for speeding i cycled to work and it helped to kick start my fitness.
I got 21 days for speeding about 20 years ago. Took 7 days unpaid leave followed by 2 weeks annual from work and had a fantastic holiday.
Well worth it.

ETA
No points on licence either. Win win.

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst it's not clever, I've yet to have anyone give me a rational explanation as to why driving dangerously when drunk is somehow more reprehensible than driving dangerously when sober.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Ive been driving a business man around for the best part of a year for £200 a day... he gets his licence back in March and I'll be gutted when he starts driving again
One spiked drink and a phonecall and you'll be farting through silk again.

cowgoesmoo

Old-Salt
You'll miss out on the opportunity to provoke other drivers and overreact to minor mistakes to get dashcam footage to make yourself famous on social media

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry - Im being thick I expect but I dont understand that?
As it's you - silk underwear is expensive and requires a decent wage...

You should drink more.

GreyArea

War Hero
Nope still not getting it?

He means when he regains his licence you spike his drink, shop him to plod and he'll have to re-employ you and you'll be getting paid so much you can afford silk knickers rather than the usual sweatshop made crap they sell in Primani for £1 a dozen.

(Not that I'm allegeding you shop in Primani God forbid, bloody hell this Mansplaining lark is fraught with danger...)

Latest Threads