• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Driving Courses in the TA

If you join the TA and can't drive, can you take a course through the TA or are you expected to learn privately? Thanks for any help!

You should be able to have your license and theory test paid for and get paid for the practice and exam if your job role requires it.

msr

I got mine through the TA. I already had my provisional when I joined, then my unit put me through my theory and then I had a week long driving course with civvy instructors, and passed my test at the end of the week.

Oh wow, so in theory if you want a job that could require driving - you wouldn't have to be able to drive as a pre-requisite? Or has this all changed with the budget slashing?

Latest Threads