Driving Courses in the TA

If you join the TA and can't drive, can you take a course through the TA or are you expected to learn privately? Thanks for any help!
You should be able to have your license and theory test paid for and get paid for the practice and exam if your job role requires it.

I got mine through the TA. I already had my provisional when I joined, then my unit put me through my theory and then I had a week long driving course with civvy instructors, and passed my test at the end of the week.
Oh wow, so in theory if you want a job that could require driving - you wouldn't have to be able to drive as a pre-requisite? Or has this all changed with the budget slashing?
JD150 said:
Join the RLC as a Driver. We will train and pay you all the way up to C+E.
Likewise for certain Arty roles :)
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
brave-coward RLC 14
C The Training Wing 2
Alf_Garnet_Commando Army Pay, Claims & JPA 2

Similar threads

Latest Threads