Driving Convition

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by 19jonesy86, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all I was just wondering after looking through alot of previous posts as to whether after a driving ban the conviction will stop me from joing infantry? I will have my license back in feb and it will be clean but because i was fined it wont be "SPENT" for 5 years. Will this be a problem? Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Ring your AFCO and ask mate, that's what they're there for.

3. Pretty sure that a minor motoring offence won't stop you joining the Infantry. It won't stop you being a copper so why should it stop you being a squaddie.
    Best bet check with you Careers advisor.
    GOS

4. I wouldn't have thought so mate, I really wouldn't worry too much. Make sure you declare it and explain it when asked and you will be fine. In the grand scheme of things, it's like a school detention for adults.

5. I did speak to them just after I got banned but some of the threads on here imply that even after the ban is up it could still hinder me?

6. If it's a relatively trivial totting up up offence, as I assume it is, no issues, certainly not here where I am. DD much more serious but again not an absolute bar, we all **** up! Mowing down a crocodile line of kids might be a hindrance. A bit more info on you and offence might help,. I'm not a recruiter, I'm in training myself however it certainly hasn't stopped one or two here. It may mean you have to wait a while, it all depends however I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

7. Sorry... It was DD stupid ******* mistake and i hate myself for it even with it being morning after, I should of known better. But my ban is up in feb as i have done the course to reduce the ban. My AFCO said that it wont be a problem after the ban is lifted, but it still plays on my mind and after seeing threads on here about guys being told they can only join as a clerk even after their ban aint helping either.

8. So you've been told by the people specifically employed to recruit people into the Army what the answer to your question is but you've decided to ask on a website full of random people anyway?

9. Just dont expect to become the CO's driver!

10. but it still plays on my mind and after seeing threads on here about guys being told they can only join as a clerk even after their ban aint helping either.

11. You're going to be great fun endlessly worrying about things, do I shoot him? When do we get paid?

Get a grip, you've been told the answer.

12. No point in getting all stressed up over it, whats done is done, your recruiter will give you the true state of play......
    Just be honest and if asked about make sure you use words like "it was something I really regret"

Good luck

13. You have asked someone who is specifically employed to answer questions about recruitment. He has answered your question.

You are worried because of something you've read on a website with roughly thirty seven members who've actually served in the Army during the last decade.

You are not going to do very well as a soldier if internet posts from random ******* on the internet worry you so much.

Stop being so ******* wet, listen to what the AFCO have told you and try and grow a set of testicles before beginning on your Army 'career'.

14. Ok..... Thanks guys

15. random *******! You arsey git jimmy....

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.