Driving ban!

I didn't say you did. But since you mention it, do you?

Nope. He contravened the law and has become an administrative burden to his unit.

I certainly didn't drive at over 200 mph six months after I passed my driving test

Neither did he.
because I didn't want to drive like a twat.

It’s not the speed, it’s exceeding the speed limit, you’ve already admitted you’ve done it - rarely - indicating more than once, therefore you’ve driven like a twat more times than him. Well done you.

Here you go @dingerr

You seem to have missed this in your rush to pontificate.

Nope. It’s not good advice. Experience is irrelevant, drivers are held to the same standard, including learner drivers.

You only see me as pontificating because you’re weak.

Told it before.

Briefly. Petty officer on Illustrious totals my pride and joy with his heap.

Later, local news reports Lusty is off on a jolly, but the bastid isn't in court until next week. Phoned.Portsmouth Dockyard, put a curse on the Lusty. Didn't get out of sight of land before it* burst into flames.

*Don't give me that She nonsense.
thinking back just before i left RAF lad on shift got pulled just before startex GW, letter to court from his OC got it reduced due to service needs shame he was on the biff with ashma eh

Thanks for the replies re pay loss, was always a bit of an odd one when some soldiers would lose pay whilst others would not for the same offence.

For REME it was based on whether driving was a fundamental job requirement, so VMs, Recy Mechs and drivers then. I don't think that for any other trade driving was considered part of the job but just a bolt on as of course multi-tasking was part of daily life. I certainly knew Techs who lost licenses but they kept rank and I can't recall any of them mentioning loss of pay.

I think a 252 was always issued for D&D though (whether caught by German civ plod or RMP) but I can't recall whether they were dealt with at Summary or DCM level. I do recall in BAOR it was always being notified on Part 1 as a prevalent offence, which probably comes as no surprise to anyone here.

Nope. It’s not good advice. Experience is irrelevant, drivers are held to the same standard, including learner drivers.

You only see me as pontificating because you’re weak.
Wrong.
His license is likely to be rescinded, and he will have to retake his teat.
So, experience is relevant.
I said you're pontificating because that's exactly what you're doing.
It's not me that's being weak.

Whined at anyone else yet?

Didn't think so.

You weak hypocrite.

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
If you feel you need any legal advice ask for the court duty solicitor. It won’t cost you anything.
I’d give this a strong like - when I was up for speeding a few years ago I went to the Magistrates with my letter of mitigation, and that was about it, but the duty solicitor was free for a chat and he offered to come in and remind the Magistrates that the speed I was doing didn’t mean a ban under the guidelines. And they started the lecture by talking about a ban. Cost me 5 points and a large fine, but saved a ban.

he offered to come in and remind the Magistrates that the speed I was doing didn’t mean a ban under the guidelines.
That would have been an interesting sight. Shortly after qualifying, my daughter used the phrase "may I remind you..." in court. She was put in her place rather sharpish with the counter-reminder that it is for the Clerk to assist the Magistrate with regard to procedure, not some jumped-up solicitor.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you don't get the services of the duty solicitor for simple speeding cases. Might have been the case 10 years ago but not now. You might get a free 30 minutes of advice from a solicitor (not duty) but you'd pay for representation.

Mr_Relaxed

War Hero
That would have been an interesting sight. Shortly after qualifying, my daughter used the phrase "may I remind you..." in court. She was put in her place rather sharpish with the counter-reminder that it is for the Clerk to assist the Magistrate with regard to procedure, not some jumped-up solicitor.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, you don't get the services of the duty solicitor for simple speeding cases. Might have been the case 10 years ago but not now. You might get a free 30 minutes of advice from a solicitor (not duty) but you'd pay for representation.
Don’t know what to say except he offered, I said “thank you” and he came in and pointed out to the three magistrates that the speed I was going was less than <75 mph (speed camera on the A303 - 50 mph section) and the sentencing/fining guidelines.

On my own, I would not have known that, and certainly would not have been stupid enough to point it out! I was all set for a ban and took the train for a reason.

As it was, they told me off, and I could see the magistrate run his finger along some sort of matrix. 5 points and £380. Usher took me to a machine, paid by credit card.

Latest Threads