Driving ban

After being turned down for 4PARA on the basis of a 2 year driving ban are there any other Infantry regiments that will accept me?
Or is it just a case of having to wait it out till its spent?
Any advice/pointers would be much appreciated. Am aged 24 and ban was in February of this year.
Oh, Done BARB, Done TARS, been attested too if that helps.

What were you banned for?

Dangerous Driving, LC20 and IN10
Effectively speeding in the middle of the night through the countryside without license and insurance.
Not under the influence or drunk driving.

force said:
Dangerous Driving, LC20 and IN10
Effectively speeding in the middle of the night through the countryside without license and insurance.
Not under the influence or drunk driving.

Pffft thats nothing, I got caught for that with added "No lights and poaching from the boot"

Well there you have it Force, if you're not a poacher or sex pest, you're no use to man nor beast.
Perhaps you should start slowly with a little scrumping or light frotteurism, before forking out for a lamp, rifle and ball pein hammer.

Lol think I may have to head down that dusty road by the sounds of it. Though is there no way around this other than to sit on my hands and wait it out?

You're a nasty selfish little criminal; no license or insurance, what would have happened if you'd hit somebody?

Come back if you grow up.

I hate kids like you, I really do. Do us all a favour by crashing your unisured car into a brick wall.

Bravo_Bravo said:
You're a nasty selfish little criminal; no license or insurance, what would have happened if you'd hit somebody?

I hate kids like you, I really do. Do us all a favour by crashing your unisured car into a brick wall.
Fair point, and understood. I understand the what ifs and buts I have had plenty of time to think about it... but I didnt hit anyone plain and simple.
Grown up now mate thats why im here. We all do wrong, that was my moment of madness, its now done and dusted.
I didnt ask for a slaying I asked a question not for a keyboard warrior on a horse.

Thanks DMSDAVE. So what about the licence and ban issue? They say I have to wait the two years till its up as my application wont load into TRHJ whatever that is? Are there any other infantry regiments where this ban wouldnt be a problem do you know?

Bravo_Bravo said:

bravo Bravo_Bravo

cow741 said:
Bravo_Bravo said:

Bravo Bravo_Bravo
Whilst that is also my view.

but where are the wheels on a parachute??

polar said:
cow741 said:
Bravo_Bravo said:

Bravo Bravo_Bravo
Whilst that is also my view.

but where are the wheels on a parachute??
Thats exactly what I thought.

Comes down to simple trust plus you don't fit the Ethos of the Parachute Reg ...... look it up , would think your also marked by Manning records for being turned down so it looks like a long wait !!!!

On the point of what would have happened if I had hit someone.

If it were a child/adult just stepping into the road and me hitting them can you explain to me how their injuries or death would have been prevented or their situations helped by the fact I had a license/insurance??...
Anyone? please?

A speeding driver (even sometimes a non speeder) is going to have the same effect upon impacting a person regardless if he/she has a licence or not.

Clearly no one criticizing here has ever sped... No? Clearly not. What would happen if you hit someone and killed them?
You would have done it with all the correct legal documentation, I see, well that makes it fine then.

Bravo_Bravo if you hit and killed someone who was in a car or on foot with all your documents present and correct would it help you sleep at night....... I think not.

I am not trying to defend what I did at all I was a twat, plain and simple. If my sentence had been harsher I would'nt have felt hard done by. Its idiots like me doing what I did whether it be once or a million times that make everyone else's premiums higher.

If I had hit someones brick wall like Bravo_Bravo so eloquently put it or anyone's other property, I would have been f*cked when it came to paying for it, left someone massively out of pocket and without a leg to stand on.

It was an ill thought out selfish idea and thankfully no ill or harm to anyone else came of it, my sentence to some may seem lenient however being someone who actually takes the justice system seriously I am suffering due to this punishment and rightly so.

It was a one off and damn sure wont happen again.

H3 said:
Comes down to simple trust plus you don't fit the Ethos of the Parachute Reg ...... look it up , would think your also marked by Manning records for being turned down so it looks like a long wait !!!!
Thanks H3 l had a check. Sure is going to be a heck of a wait :cry:

If you had a fcuking licence, you would be able to drive having been tested on doing so.

Since you didn't have a licence you were an accident waiting to happen, luckily for everyone else on the roads that night, you didn't. I couldn't give a toss if you had crashed into a wall and died, natural justice really.

And it is cnuts like you that help to keep my insurance costs high, by causing accidents uninsured and unlicensed.

But hey, no doubt you are a victim of society and shouldn't be held responsible for your idiocy. Try suing the Army for discrimination.

Tosser

ringdoby said:
If you had a fcuking licence, you would be able to drive having been tested on doing so.

And it is cnuts like you that help to keep my insurance costs high, by causing accidents uninsured and unlicensed.

Tosser
Isnt that what I just said? :?

I have not at all tried to justify what I did so really why make out like I did?
'Luckily I didnt cause and accident or hit anyone'....I said that too.

I see what youve done there! Taken what Ive said, re-worded it and made it sound like its you that thought it up! How remarkably fresh and new!

"No doubt you are a victim of society and shouldn't be held responsible for your idiocy. Try suing the Army for discrimination."

Really your sarcastic wit isn't really very effective when trying to make out that I feel ill treated when believe you me, I do not.

Agree with what you mean with natural justice. I may be a tosser for what I did ' 100% agreed there' But that's been dealt with.

However being deficient is a trait that I am afraid 'you' will be stuck with for the rest of your life.

force said:
On the point of what would have happened if I had hit someone.

If it were a child/adult just stepping into the road and me hitting them can you explain to me how their injuries or death would have been prevented or their situations helped by the fact I had a license/insurance??...
Anyone? please?

because you would have proved you were capable of handling a vehicle safely by passing a test.

A speeding driver (even sometimes a non speeder) is going to have the same effect upon impacting a person regardless if he/she has a licence or not.

but you cannot drive, you haven't passed a test

Clearly no one criticizing here has ever sped... No? Clearly not. What would happen if you hit someone and killed them?
You would have done it with all the correct legal documentation, I see, well that makes it fine then.

you really are a brain dead cnut, arent you

Bravo_Bravo if you hit and killed someone who was in a car or on foot with all your documents present and correct would it help you sleep at night....... I think not.

I am not trying to defend what I did at all I was a t**t, plain and simple. If my sentence had been harsher I would'nt have felt hard done by. Its idiots like me doing what I did whether it be once or a million times that make everyone else's premiums higher.

If I had hit someones brick wall like Bravo_Bravo so eloquently put it or anyone's other property, I would have been f*cked when it came to paying for it, left someone massively out of pocket and without a leg to stand on.

No, the tax paying law abiding British public would be paying for you, you fecking retard

It was an ill thought out selfish idea and thankfully no ill or harm to anyone else came of it, my sentence to some may seem lenient however being someone who actually takes the justice system seriously I am suffering due to this punishment and rightly so.

It was a one off and damn sure wont happen again.

Don't make yourself out to be the bigger man by accepting your punishment, you are still a fcuking waste of skin
What am I deficient? Certainly not a driving licence or insurance. Oh, you mean intelligence? Well, I know what I need to have before I take control of a vehicle, they taught me that as part of learning to drive. :roll:

Tosser.