driving ban advice

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by boyblue, Nov 13, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :oops: What is the SP on a driving disqualification - for speeding not boozing/dangerous etc.

As far as I can work out my friend does not have to notify their chain of command about a potential court appearance, until they decide to defer judgement if considering a ban. Is this right?? So if my friend gets off with a fine and points then no-one's the wiser.

If they get a ban, they then have to tell the chain.

What can/will the chain then do to this officer?

Any info gratefully received.

2. Your "friend" can do two things, firstly plead guilty by post or turn up at court and give mitigating circumstances ie. sorry guv but I was getting a BlueJob at the time. The ban will be the only thing that will be recorded on crapcom for the ban indicator... one word though, his unit, if nasty enough can carry out their own disciplinary proceedings...

3. That's pretty much what I thought. What can the unit dio though - surely double jeapordy is an issue here? Any leagal beagles out there?

4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Depending on the circumstances, the usual 'bringing the army into disrepute' charge, for example if the speeding was in a mil veh.

5. Surely speeding in a 1945 vintage landy warrants a commendation for bravery!

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Even modern landies don't go fast enough to trigger the camera!

7. VB, You don't obviously drive LR Wolf then?

8. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

One has a driver, naturally...

9. Of course how remiss of me!

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Two choices from what I've seen, tell no one, or tell the world and get the fall out from that! Which is a whole lot of grief!

11. My advice... Keep Schtum... But then again my advice is always crap :roll:

12. Qman has given the best advice. You never can be sure when the truth will out