Driving Advice

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jack-daniels, Jul 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't drive around bloody Farnborough for the next week....it's bloody madness out there with the Airshow starting today.

However, on the plus side there are MILF's/GILF's/ Posh looking sorts in fancy uniforms and little Air Cadet girlies everywhere. I just hope that some Russian pilot doesn't crash his MiG on my house.
  2. At least the Russians would only do it once........two years ago the Joint Strike Fighter and Typhoon fly offs set off all the car alarms on our road in North Camp every bloody time they came over......"ooohhh....let's press the button marked AFTERBURNER...that's a crowd pleaser" bahhh....humbug......apart from that we just sat back in chairs with a few beers and enjoyed the show.
  3. Yesterdays R.I.A.T was pretty good too, with the typhoon, F22 Raptor and the Vulcan all setting off car alarms. The roar of a jet engine, no sound sweeter in my opinion. Enjoy Farnborough!
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Surely this produces the sweetest sound in the World?

5. Awsome! Where is that to be found?
  6. Ravers

In one of these:

7. And one of these

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Wrong. This is. And it dont go poncing about in the sky like a flying fairy.

9. The sound of freedom...
  10. TiD, Is that to supply power to your sh*d?
  11. I don't think though that one of these big engines in my little car is going to get me around Farnborough any faster this week!!
  12. Ravers

So what's the crack with the airshow itself?

Anyone going or been to it?

I'm popping down on Sunday to see what the crack is and to hopefully sabotage some planes. Any tips on what's good and what's not? Also what are the scranning facilities like? Shall I take a picnic or can I get a BSE burger from a pikey van there? Are there VIP facilities with free booze that I can blag my way into? Do they do Forces discount? I'm assuming there is no dress code but to be safe I'll be in some nice jeans, a shirt and Rayban Aviator shades to blend in.

All answers can be directed to the usual address and are very much appreciated.
  13. If you're going to the Airshow I'd set off early, it's gridlocked around Queens Ave at the mo.
  14. Was that a Lancaster I saw over Aldershot yesterday afternoon? I came over all nostalgic when I saw it (whatever it was). I believe there's only 2 airworthy Lancasters in the World.

The Lancaster has 4 x Merlin engines doesnt it?

15. It was indeed....it was the Battle of Britain memorial flight, it'll be up today at 1545.
    The other Lanc is in Canada.