Drivers license ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Jamieboy89, May 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :? Hi everyone im about to start basic at itc Catterick on 12th July, i dont have a license and wondered whether i can gain this during training or have to achieve this goal personally on time off? :?
  2. you do your driver theory test near the end of the 28 week course at catterick, and have the chance to do the practical test shortly after joining your chosen regiment!
  3. Does money come off our wages to fund this part?
  4. no no its all paid for!
  5. i was told by some guy on that online chat on uk army website that recruits didnt get a license from army , they have to get them in there own time?
  6. check on the army careers website, or any leaflet about joining the infantry. you do your licence!
  7. if you all ready hold a full drivers licence on going to catterick how will this help me later on in my infantry regiment ????
  8. when you get to battalion, let them know you don't have a license. they should then bebale to sort you out with with a course where you can get your cat b, and if your lucky you'll go onto doing your cat c etc...

9. how will it help you if you already hold a licence will you get any courses to go an to get different licences if in mechanised infantry