Driver Opportunities - Thames Valley and M4 Corridor

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by 570mils, Feb 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a long time lurker, and ocassionall poster I have come across the following opportunities that might suit someone from the military.

I currently work for a small(ish) company based in Didcot with links to our operations in Swindon. We primarily provide and executive chauffer service for Commercial and Private clients, the main workload being Business travel to and from all major UK international Airports. Current turnover for our Didcot operation is approx £1.2m and the Swindon operation approx £2m per annum.

We are primarily looking for drivers with experience of this type of work, ideal for anyone involved in that official capacity within the RLC or anyone with experience of CO's Driver etc, we are keen to employ ex military as we do have a strong belief in the abilities and experience you can add to the company.

Opportunities would suit someone looking to settle within the Thames Valley or M4 Corridor due to the nature of the work and prime customer locations.

Most drivers work an average 45 hours a week and some flexibilty on time is expected due to client requirements.

If there is a slow week there is opportunity to supplement your wages, or additional overtime etc, through the other side of the business in Didcot, on the Taxi side of life, although these opportunities are primarily for the executive driver side of the business.

Full time and Part Time positions are available, salary completely negotiable based upon ability and experience.

As a number of our contracts involve support of Schools within Oxfordshire and due to Licencing laws for Private Hire Drivers etc, any applicant must be willing to undergo an enhanced CRB.

All fees for CRB and licensing etc are met by the company and renewal fees too dependant on staying with the company.

A clean Driving licence is a must as long as a willingness to take part in NVQ training relevant to the industry.

I know the opportunity might not suit everyone but it is an opportunity nonetheless, and having been a victim of the recession in recent years I am keen to provide as much help and support as possible to asssit.

You can of course willingly pm me for further information about the company, or visit the website at Executive Passenger Services - Didcot, Oxfordshire | Harolds Cars Ltd

If there is any interest at all in this opportunity then email a CV and covering letter to the following: (if you are within the Thames Valley, Didcot area) (if you are in the Swindon area)

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

2. Something my father in law may be interested in, he is currently in this job with another company but they do not seem to be able to provide much work at the moment. Shall pass this info on to him.