Driver/Lineman

12 seconds and any were they need leaf sweapers........................get a real trade mate! thats the truth of it all,not being a cnut ...

kfcno1 said:
How long will all my training take to complete? Wheres my first post likely to be? thanks
You haven't got a whining sister have you??

aye i do. She's a politics student so let her off wi her whinging. Seriously lads where am i likely to go? Lineman dont seem too bad, least i can transfer out after my training if its utter bollocks.

kfcno1 said:
aye i do. She's a politics student so let her off wi her whinging. Seriously lads where am i likely to go? Lineman dont seem too bad, least i can transfer out after my training if its utter balls.
If you're really as clever as your sister claims, they might even let you re-trade - you could always ask the PSAO (if that's what they're still called) during the interview during basic training. There are two potential problems with this approach:

1. The PSAO may not agree with your sister's assessment of your ability - you'll have to work hard to impress the training team and get good reports that would lead him to believe that you might be better off in another trade.

2. The PSAO may have been a liney himself once and take umbrage at your desire to leave the trade before even joining it! However, you'll need to have the courage of your convictions if you want to do well.

kfcno1 said:
How long will all my training take to complete? Wheres my first post likely to be? thanks[/quote

Firstly mate I wouldn't listen to most of the people on this site- the're on here because they have no life outside of it.

Secondly i'm a driver/lineman based in Blandford, the trade training takes 4 weeks after which you'll go to leconfield in yorkshire for a 12 week driving course where you'll leave with an cat C+E licence and a hazardous materials licence you'll then return to Blandford and then be posted- normally to Germany or southern England.

The life's not bad, but the pay's not great and neithers the promotion. If you dont like the look of it you get the chance of a re-trade interview at least and 9 times out of 10 you'll be allowed to re-trade.

i hope that's of some use to you.

pull.it.in said:
12 seconds and any were they need leaf sweapers........................get a real trade mate! thats the truth of it all,not being a cnut ...
Are you a liney? With spelling like that I would say you are a fullscrew atleast.

leeve the pour ladd alown. he spels alot beter than hallveg and heel bee a seenior sewn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
daveh855 Royal Signals 13
R Royal Signals 4
jamesharley Royal Signals 15