Driver/Air Despatcher

Please could anyone tell me about this role? Does it have good promotion prospects? And are there any Driver/Air Despatchers out there that could tell me about this job? I'm thinking of doing it..

Catherine,

If I were you I would fook off and join the police force! :police: You have asked that many questions about which cap badge, which trade, which Corps, you would do well as a police interrogator.

My nephew is currently joining up. He didn't ask me (or ARRSE) 8 million quetions about different roles or jobs in the Army; that's what the Recruiting SNCO is for. He simply did the BARB test and put his 3 choices down.

The only bit of advice that I gave him when he asked me 'Uncle Gobby Nig, what trade shall I do?' (which I also give to you now), was; 'Don't be a Stacker lad, I'll have to disown you'.

Now to the question: Air Dispatchers are an elite crew, good job, not easy to get into and pass the course. Promotion is slow, but not as slow as Port Op.

By the way, are you the blonde one in the picture? Bang Tidy!! :hump:

C

cloudbuster

I wonder if there's much point in keeping the Barnsley ACIO open any more.....................

Gobby_Nig said:
Catherine,

If I were you I would fook off and join the police force! :police: You have asked that many questions about which cap badge, which trade, which Corps, you would do well as a police interrogator.

My nephew is currently joining up. He didn't ask me (or ARRSE) 8 million quetions about different roles or jobs in the Army; that's what the Recruiting SNCO is for. He simply did the BARB test and put his 3 choices down.

The only bit of advice that I gave him when he asked me 'Uncle Gobby Nig, what trade shall I do?' (which I also give to you now), was; 'Don't be a Stacker lad, I'll have to disown you'.

Now to the question: Air Dispatchers are an elite crew, good job, not easy to get into and pass the course. Promotion is slow, but not as slow as Port Op.

By the way, are you the blonde one in the picture? Bang Tidy!! :hump:
Yes it's me, thanks for the compliments x

Right, just for the record.

We have two birds already and that my lad is two too many.
go be a mover. :evil:

Airdropmaster said:

That's good for the E & D stats; are they both from the Greek Island of Lesbos? :boogie:

Airdropmaster said:

Welcome to the unreconstructed trade of AD - still stuck in their own little time warp.

What does the job of Driver/Air Despatcher involve? (Apart from Driving and Air Despatching!) which I must say I find the 2 linked together very confusing!

bianchi said:
Airdropmaster said:

Welcome to the unreconstructed trade of AD - still stuck in their own little time warp.[/quote] :? We are more relevant now than we've ever been.
and yes we're an insular bunch, but there's only 120 of us in the British armed forces. and no one in any of the other armed forces or corps can do what we do.

Airdropmaster said:
bianchi said:
Airdropmaster said:

Welcome to the unreconstructed trade of AD - still stuck in their own little time warp.
:? We are more relevant now than we've ever been.
and yes we're an insular bunch, but there's only 120 of us in the British armed forces. and no one in any of the other armed forces or corps can do what we do.
No one else can chuck stuff out of a plane? :p

StickyEnd said:
Airdropmaster said:
bianchi said:
Airdropmaster said:

possibly, But they don't!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Airdropmaster said:
StickyEnd said:
Airdropmaster said:
bianchi said:
Airdropmaster said:

possibly, But they don't!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
:D TBH, I think that air despatcher does have an interesting aspect or two about the job. They do get to do unusual work and do interesting stuff/places. Not sure what use it would be as a trade outside in civ div though. Do the UN ever use it to drop aid?

There's a few civilian groups that carry out air drop, mostly US / aid type.
But there's all the other stuff we do, Aircraft loading, working Air side at airports and we're drivers as well so we have all the licences.
But I'd agree not too much call for it in the after life.

But as they say "whilst the sun shines, make hay"
I'm off to California on Ex next week, and not a cam net or weapon in sight. :desertsoldier:

Airdropmaster said:
But there's all the other stuff we do, Aircraft loading, working Air side at airports and we're drivers as well so we have all the licences.

I'm off to California on Ex next week, and not a cam net or weapon in sight. :desertsoldier:
A real Ex, or a trial with JATE? El-Centro?

Airdropmaster said:
But there's all the other stuff we do, Aircraft loadingRAF do that dont they?, working Air side at airports RAF do that dont they? and we're drivers RAF do that dont they? as well so we have all the licences.

And with that comment your definitly RAF!

So you are the RAF with a Army ID card?? :lol: