Drinks in Qatar............

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by dazk55, Feb 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was recently in Koh Samui (Thailand), and all the ex-HM Forces on the island get together for a few beers once a month, I attended along with 20-ish humourous chaps & had the p1ss taken out of me proper good... great night !

So, any ex or serving Arrse-ers in Qatar fancy a few beers & swinging of the lamp thingy ?

PM me & we'll set something up.

Cheers for now.

2. I'm still here ........

3. Set up a drinky poo session in the Doha Rugby Club.

Must be someone here in Qatar? I am too far away alas.

4. For the authentic working mens´club atmosphere, complete with sticky carpets, shit food and surrounded by pissed up no hope expats, go to Garveys European Families Club. Run by a couple of pikies in the building trade, this place is truly shocking, but who knows, maybe you´ll fit in perfectly. Don´t be fooled by the name, this is not the sort of place you would want to take your family. Qualifications for membershio: over 45, alchoholic, divorced, 25 years on the expat circuit having been sacked from every job, ability to bore your drinking partners to sleep within 15 minutes of "when I was on the Bechtel pipeline in Algeria.................zzzzzzzzzzzz"

I nearly forgot, to give it that real 70s feel, they even have a sign outside saying "No Pakis", which they can get away with in Qatar.

5. Hi been in Doha since early December, living in West Bay apartment block. I am up for a drink any day of the week.