Drinking in uniform.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rantallion, Dec 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question. Drinking in uniform... das is vorboten, or not so much?

(In civi pubs and clubs, I mean)
  2. Why would you go clubbing in rig??!
  3. I always drink in my civi pubs and clubs uniforms.
  4. Haben sie deiner papieren?
  5. This is gunna be fun.
  6. Depends I suppose. Having a pint at the airport while in transit ok. Getting shitfaced not so much.
  7. Try Kilburn High Road in uniform, get your NOK to PM me the results.

Having said which we did go on a post formal dinner in Gib, in blues, that felt bloody weird.
  8. I understand it is indeed "vorboten"
  9. Kilburn High Road is not what it was. Even the Met venture along there on foot these days, occasionally.
  10. Our love is verboten.
  11. After a jaunt to sandy places not so long ago a select group of us were invited (read dicked) to visit the House of Commons to regail stories of our great feats to the laboon chasers there.

Upon ending said visit we elected to walk back to our hotel situated close to Nelson's erection. We sort council with the head of the whole party who openly encouraged us to walk back, in rig.

A stroll which should have taken all of 20 minutes took about 6 and a half hours with several pissed, desert DPM clad Bill Oddies enjoying regailing our great feats to the maidens of old London town.

Now if we had elected to change into our civilian atire our party would've consisted of several near middle age blokes, but because of our atire we were seen as mere demi-gods of war.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Generally not recommended and indeed usually frowned upon by the grown ups. Occasions where it may be OK few and far between, only one I can think of at the moment is after Rememberence Parade, but stand to be corrected.
  13. ...but don't, for fuck's sake, pull out your MoD90 if asked for proof of age...
  14. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  15. Because I said so.

Look, when I tell you to jump, you jump. None of this "How high?" crap. I'll tell you when to come down.