Drink Spiking Common Now ?

Drugging victims is undoubtedly out there, and there have been cases such as Worboys the taxi rapist, which show this. I remain a little unconvinced that this type of offending has escaped into the wild as it where. Victims tend to be drugged in an environment where the perp can control their victim, they are not to know what will happen after they have administered the substance, the victim could acquiesce to their whims, or could go full fecking Rambo and start smashing the place up.

Many of those who wake up wearing a blue blanket and enjoying the delights of a microwaved all day breakfast served in a cardboard box, will say in interview that their drinks were spiked and they have no recollection of the night before. Unfortunately after often quite protracted and thorough investigation the more mundane turns out to be true. They they have drunk enough to floor an Elephant and have been in and out of the bogs all night for a couple of cheeky lines of chang.

On a professional basis I would have loved to find that they had been drugged, and I could eventually get a charge under Sec24 offences against Person act (Maliciously administering poison, &c. with intent to injure, aggrieve, or annoy any other person.) Just to see the CPS scrabbling around looking for a current Arcbold to find out what the f you are talking about.

The same situation sadly often turns out to be the case with victims of sexual assault, this of course makes prosecutions incredibly difficult, the defence will say that the victim lied when giving their statement to the police, meaning the case is already on a loser.
This of course is the fault of the police, after all they are victim shaming and protecting rapists in some massive mysoginist conspiracy.

This is not to take anything away from those who have different experiences , its just what is probably happening in custody suites and investigation units up and down the country as we speak.

UNICYP in 1976 and me and a mate had a very rare day off which we spent in a few bars in Nicosia.

late in the afternoon in one of the bars, my mate started behaving quite strangely. He couldn’t keep his eyes open and wanted to sleep.

I was sober enough to realise something was going on and I got us both out of there. I was worried what they may have given him so I phoned the UN military police. They were Danish and absolute *******. They locked us up in a cell and despite my request for medical attention for my mate, nothing happened.

My mate recovered his senses after a few hours and the UN rozzers decided they had nothing to hang on us so they kicked us both out of the gate.

We got back to our unit in the early hours. There was a midnight deadline but when we explained what had happened, no further action was taken.

Before we were married I went for a weekend in London with the now Missus K. After a meal and a wonder we ended up in a pub near Oxford Street. We got a couple of drinks in, and Mrs K asked if she could have a craic with a group of lads in the bar. I should explain that I'm a miserable ****** and am far happier propping up the bar talking about how shit it all is. I ended up talking to some middle aged bloke, who warned me to watch out for spiking. I have a space hopper for a bladder so my drink was never left unattended. My missus was having a good laugh then all of a sudden became shitfaced. At that point she'd had 3 bottles of beer. We left, and she goose stepped her way back to the hotel, saying hello to everyone we walked past. The last "mile" pretty much involved me carrying her home. When we finally got to the room, she starfished on the bed, fully clothed. She woke up next morning completely oblivious to anything that had happened the night before. I am of no doubt that she was spiked.

An RAF station of my acquaint (I can't remember which one ) would, after the rugby match drop a golf ball into your pint. Once 'spiked' you had to drain you beer. A second offence was a round. Placing your beer mat over your pint was 'safety'.
Common Rugby Club trick. Best avoided by drinking from a bottle.

Many of those who wake up wearing a blue blanket and enjoying the delights of a microwaved all day breakfast served in a cardboard box,
All day breakfasts. Truly disgusting. When working in the Gefangenlager if a prisoner had been playing up a would feed him one of those, no matter what time of the day. A tramp who was one of our guests actually ate two of them straight off. I was worried about what the post mortem report would say.

Last edited:
I guess guys could be a target as well not only by a gay rapist but a thief who's taken a fancy to your Rolex and wallet.
Or in a dodgy strip club in Tokyo leading to a £ 5000 credit card bill and a seriously pissed off fiancee.

Erm...allegedly

According to my training, 1979, 'Clouds', s disco in East Grinstead, was the scene of the first reported case of GHB spiking. 18yr old girl on her Bday party had intercourse with a number of men on the dance floor and she later committed suicide.
Should be life.
Must be every dads worst nightmare ( it makes me shudder just thinking about it).

Not a spiking, but a pair of lads feeding a young naive lass far too much tequila at a company function, and then hauling her off for their own purposes.
Fortunately somebody noticed her absence, went looking,and found the lass and lads, just before the dirty deed was done on the semi comatose lass.
Shouts, scrams, plod summoned, denials etc.
Upshot was sackings, lass left the company, court cases for sexual assault etc

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Must be every dads worst nightmare ( it makes me shudder just thinking about it).
As my grandad used to say, "If you have a son, you have only one little prick to worry about, but if you have daughters you have to fret about every single prick on the planet."

Last edited:
As my grandad used to say, "If you have a son, you have only one little prick to worry about, but if you have daughters you have to fret about every single prick on the planet."
In a similar vein I`ve always said with sons its about ensuring they dont end up in jail and with daughters its about ensuring they dont get knocked up by some scrote.

A variation of that was quoted to me by a hospital Chaplin in Lancaster maternity unit a few hours after the 1st miss Bomber was born.

In a similar vein I`ve always said with sons its about ensuring they dont end up in jail and with daughters its about ensuring they dont get knocked up by some scrote.
I am with you and Denzel Washington on the first part although the second part is best achieved by acquired Russian Mafia style tattoo and reciting Brick Tops informative on the importance of removing the teeth before letting pigs dispose of the corpse.

My sister said that although it might have appeared to onlookers she was drunk it felt nothing like it.
Internally she was aware and compos mentis but could not pronounce words or properly control her legs, like being trapped in her own body, she wanted to sleep but when she closed her eyes she couldn't. She was present but not in control. At the time it was outside her experience.
She was popular at uni because she had a car so hence designated driver (free taxi!), she left a glass of coke unattended, came back took a sip and thought, 'Yuk, somebody else's mistaken it for theirs and drunk from it" so hence she didn't drink any more. Lucky. (Also very strong sense of smell and taste)
Double lucky, her mate Ian and her BF Rob clocked she was off her face when she absolutely shouldn't be and scooped her up. Triple lucky the Bouncers (enormous black guys) told them "You're fcuking not taking her anywhere!" Bless 'em, took many slurred attempts before she could reassure them.
Then she just had to put up with Ian driving her car very badly while she was frustrated and trapped inside her head unable even to pronounce the word clutch. (My sister doesn't have a high opinion of other people's driving skills at the best of times - my baby niece gained the impression that the phrase "MOVE F*ckstick!"was a normal part of driving. Which surprised the childcare lady.)
Ian and Rob got her home and fed her coffee all night, slapping her awake what felt like every five minutes.
She now says it felt similar to the Percodan the hospital gave her when she gave birth.

My sister said that although it might have appeared to onlookers she was drunk it felt nothing like it.
Internally she was aware and compos mentis but could not pronounce words or properly control her legs, like being trapped in her own body, she wanted to sleep but when she closed her eyes she couldn't. She was present but not in control. At the time it was outside her experience.
She was popular at uni because she had a car so hence designated driver (free taxi!), she left a glass of coke unattended, came back took a sip and thought, 'Yuk, somebody else's mistaken it for theirs and drunk from it" so hence she didn't drink any more. Lucky. (Also very strong sense of smell and taste)
Double lucky, her mate Ian and her BF Rob clocked she was off her face when she absolutely shouldn't be and scooped her up. Triple lucky the Bouncers (enormous black guys) told them "You're fcuking not taking her anywhere!" Bless 'em, took many slurred attempts before she could reassure them.
Then she just had to put up with Ian driving her car very badly while she was frustrated and trapped inside her head unable even to pronounce the word clutch. (My sister doesn't have a high opinion of other people's driving skills at the best of times - my baby niece gained the impression that the phrase "MOVE F*ckstick!"was a normal part of driving. Which surprised the childcare lady.)
Ian and Rob got her home and fed her coffee all night, slapping her awake what felt like every five minutes.
She now says it felt similar to the Percodan the hospital gave her when she gave birth.
The only bit her buddies got wrong was taking her home, should have gone to hospital.

Drugging victims is undoubtedly out there, and there have been cases such as Worboys the taxi rapist, which show this. I remain a little unconvinced that this type of offending has escaped into the wild as it where. Victims tend to be drugged in an environment where the perp can control their victim, they are not to know what will happen after they have administered the substance, the victim could acquiesce to their whims, or could go full fecking Rambo and start smashing the place up.

Many of those who wake up wearing a blue blanket and enjoying the delights of a microwaved all day breakfast served in a cardboard box, will say in interview that their drinks were spiked and they have no recollection of the night before. Unfortunately after often quite protracted and thorough investigation the more mundane turns out to be true. They they have drunk enough to floor an Elephant and have been in and out of the bogs all night for a couple of cheeky lines of chang.

On a professional basis I would have loved to find that they had been drugged, and I could eventually get a charge under Sec24 offences against Person act (Maliciously administering poison, &c. with intent to injure, aggrieve, or annoy any other person.) Just to see the CPS scrabbling around looking for a current Arcbold to find out what the f you are talking about.

The same situation sadly often turns out to be the case with victims of sexual assault, this of course makes prosecutions incredibly difficult, the defence will say that the victim lied when giving their statement to the police, meaning the case is already on a loser.
This of course is the fault of the police, after all they are victim shaming and protecting rapists in some massive mysoginist conspiracy.

This is not to take anything away from those who have different experiences , its just what is probably happening in custody suites and investigation units up and down the country as we speak.
A true nightmare of a crime scene I searched was near a certain hospital. Probably developed now but at the time it was derelict prefabs squatted by vagrants and the odd modern hippy types.
The body of a 14yr runaway, in an old army sleeping bag, was found wedged up against a bridge, this matched the story told hospital staff by a very drunk vagrant two days before.
It was reported that she had been simply stabbed to death although the PM showed that she had been abused repeatedly and finally raped with a knife. She was also found to have GHB in her system which enquires found had been given to her in a hamburger by a French lesbian hippy type because the girl kept refusing her advances.
I do know that the family were, mercifully, not made aware of the full details of what took place over ten hours although thirty years on I am only sorry that I still do.
Yes, spiking does take place.

A parents nightmare

Last edited:
Aside from the murder of Samantha Bissett and her young daughter, the details of which I wish I could forget, the other true nightmare of a crime scene I searched was near a certain hospital. Probably developed now but at the time it was derelict prefabs squatted by vagrants and the odd modern hippy types.
The body of a 14yr runaway, in an old army sleeping bag, was found wedged up against a bridge, this matched the story told hospital staff by a very drunk vagrant two days before.
It was reported that she had been simply stabbed to death although the PM showed that she had been abused repeatedly and finally raped with a knife. She was also found to have GHB in her system which enquires found had been given to her in a hamburger by a French lesbian hippy type because the girl kept refusing her advances.
I do know that the family were, mercifully, not made aware of the full details of what took place over ten hours although thirty years on I am only sorry that I still do.
Yes, spiking does take place.

A parents nightmare
Andy you have kind of proven my point by missing the message I was trying to put across. Substances are used where the victim is in a controlled environment, that unfortunately has been proven on numerous occasions.
I was trying to say I remain sceptical on whether a random victim is identified in a crowded setting e.g the pub and something put in their drink.
I seem to recall sapphire and clubs office going out in the West end one night and randomly testing drinks to try and find out how much spiking was going on. I don't think they found anything.
I'm sure it goes on it's just we haven't proven it yet, improvements in forensics and toxicology may change that, and my scepticism, in the future.

On another quick note I would shy away from naming victims and crime scene details on an open forum, (many of us here have been there and are able to deal with it) but anybody can read this, some of whom have know the victim. ( I know the TV pick over old crimes relentlessly, but I think it's a ghoulish c*** trick, let's try and rise above that eh? )