Drink Spiking Common Now ?

Chatting with my teenage daughter who said one of her friends drink was spiked at a party and a small group of lads were trying to get her upstairs but her friends put a stop it , on another occasion one of her friends was injected in the back with something unknown whilst at a festival/concert , he was taken to a first aid tent throwing up and foaming at the mouth , first aiders were fcking hopeless and he ended up going to hospital and was luckily okay.

Frightening , in my day anyone who was known to be up to tricks like that would have been beaten to pulp.

How common is this ? I guess a few Rozzers on here know a bit about it ?

jinxy

LE
It's always been a thing. I bumped into a school friend, must have been ( in the year)78ish. Took her for a meal. 10 minutes in and she was puking her guts up. The ambulance crew reckoned she had been spiked.

Edited because there are some cnuts on this forum :)

Last edited:
Heard of it going on since the 80's, no idea when it became a thing though

And not just girls, I can remember being warned never leave your drink unattended

Heard of it going on since the 80's, no idea when it became a thing though

And not just girls, I can remember being warned never leave your drink unattended
I guess guys could be a target as well not only by a gay rapist but a thief who's taken a fancy to your Rolex and wallet.

Terrifying stuff.
When I was younger spiking was certainly seen as beyond the pale and we would have automatically assumed it deserved brutal punishment if we'd ever seen it. Sharing your drugs was one thing, inflicting it on others is quite another, although I do remember hearing of someone who was spiked with LSD as some sort of fucked up revenge.
If "a small group of lads were trying to get her upstairs" then nowadays it shouldn't be too difficult to get pics of their faces?

Issi

LE
It's always been a thing. I bumped into a school friend, must have been 78ish. Took her for a meal. 10 minutes in and she was puking her guts up. The ambulance crew reckoned she had been spiked.
You took a 78 year old for a date? Whatever floats your boat.

Terrifying stuff.
When I was younger spiking was certainly seen as beyond the pale and we would have automatically assumed it deserved brutal punishment if we'd ever seen it. Sharing your drugs was one thing, inflicting it on others is quite another, although I do remember hearing of someone who was spiked with LSD as some sort of fucked up revenge.
If "a small group of lads were trying to get her upstairs" then nowadays it shouldn't be too difficult to get pics of their faces?
If it was my daughter I`d be beating names out of party goers .

Yup.
My adoptive step-sister at around 23 YOA got drugged & gang raped in 1978 in a club in Glasgow where we all worked. Bars, the doors, meals etc, my brothers were pretty well known back then in the city. For good reasons, not bad ones.
Now, we considered ourselves "connected".....we were.... but we quickly discovered not as well connected as the bastards ( Oriental) who ganged banged her in the girls' bogs. She was so out of it she recalled nothing.
Some intravenous opiates we were told.
We only knew it was the local lads from the restaurant businesses many week later...and got warned to leave it by some regular (cough) very connected chaps (cough) who we "respected" and in turn helped us keep order if a rammy broke out...which was extremely rare if "godfathers" were in enjoying life. By God they knew how to tip.
Consequently, I have 40-something "nephew" part Scots part Chinese, as she went full term against our advices.
As I understood it at the time, the lads involved were shipped out to the homeland.
Also, until her lad was about 20, she got a cash "envelope" every month from someone in the Glasgow China Town area...through her letter box which looking back nearly 45 years was perhaps as much a warning as anything. It's been going on before Biblical days in one form or another

Last edited:
Chatting with my teenage daughter who said one of her friends drink was spiked at a party and a small group of lads were trying to get her upstairs but her friends put a stop it , on another occasion one of her friends was injected in the back with something unknown whilst at a festival/concert , he was taken to a first aid tent throwing up and foaming at the mouth , first aiders were fcking hopeless and he ended up going to hospital and was luckily okay.

Frightening , in my day anyone who was known to be up to tricks like that would have been beaten to pulp.

How common is this ? I guess a few Rozzers on here know a bit about it ?
This seems to come in and out of the public eye on a regular basis.
I'll see if I can find the report from an A and E department that stated the vast majority of drink spikings turned out to be young women who drank themselves unconscious then became surrounded by hysterical drunk women claiming that she must have had her drink spiked to the responding para medics.

Edit to add link. It's an old one, which backs up my point of this being cyclical.

Last edited:
At the risk of appearing cynical in my 25 years of policing, a lot of the alleged 'spiking' incidents were probably to excuse the alleged recipient getting into shit state through drink or drugs and engaging in a regrettable course of action, or becoming very unwell. I don't doubt it happens, but perhaps not as commonly as rumour and myth suggest.