Drink Driving

Firstly CNUT.

Secondly. At least you have done it at the beginning of your career and will have time to recover.

Admit it all, take your punishment like a man and most importantly don't do it again - even after a shandy.

I also suggest working your bollox off for the next few years at least.

Or if your serious about the army might be a good idea to get out and rejoin after the ban has concluded.

You will be tried by a civvy court, Get a day off under some excuse and SAY FCUK ALL to anyone. If you don't need a license nobody will know the difference at this stage.
I know a serving Major who slipped through as a sgt by keeping nice an stummmm.

B

Bottleosmoke

Tytus_Barnowl said:
You will be tried by a civvy court, Get a day off under some excuse and SAY FCUK ALL to anyone. If you don't need a license nobody will know the difference at this stage.
Whatever you do. Do not do that.

This is the whole reason that your MT should be doing regular 100% licence checks.

You will be caught, believe me.

Tytus_Barnowl said:
Bit hard for a soldier yes could try that but all will come out in open in his first unit when FMT aquisition is done.

First of all own up at work ASAP.
Civvie court, 12-24 month ban, fine between £500 - £1000, depends on the judge, each vary, if you are very lucky you will not have to resit test, plead guilty ASAP tell them you want to do any rehab courses available.
Don't be a f*ckwit again.

theflyinghandbag said:
Whether D&D is classed as a Prevalent Offence (do they still exist?)

No. Prevalent offences disappeared some years ago (10?)

CharlieBubbles said:
It should be 0% and then No one would be in any doubt!
Would that not mean that someone who'd had meat with a wine sauce at a restaurant would be over the limit?

The current level's around right, most people can safely have a pint and most people know that anymore than that is pushing it.

B

Bottleosmoke

jimmys_best_mate said:
CharlieBubbles said:
It should be 0% and then No one would be in any doubt!
Would that not mean that someone who'd had meat with a wine sauce at a restaurant would be over the limit?

The current level's around right, most people can safely have a pint and most people know that anymore than that is pushing it.
Im no chef but wouldnt the cooking of the sauce reduce the alcohol content to nil?

However. Trifle laced with....whatever its laced with, that is a killer.

DD

Have a look on here see if theres a loop hole. I do believe you should be shot at dawn but everyone has the right to get out by the police not doing their job.

Bottleosmoke said:
Im no chef but wouldnt the cooking of the sauce reduce the alcohol content to nil?
I thought that, but I saw it discussed on another forum once and apparently it doesn't. I'll try and find the link that was posted at the time.

jimmys_best_mate said:
Bottleosmoke said:
I thought that, but I saw it discussed on another forum once and apparently it doesn't. I'll try and find the link that was posted at the time.
When cooking with alcohol, you need to flame the alcohol to burn off the actual alcohol, just leaving the essence(taste) of the spirit behind, the chances of getting pissed are minimal.

saintstone said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
Bottleosmoke said:
When cooking with alcohol, you need to flame the alcohol to burn off the actual alcohol, just leaving the essence(taste) of the spirit behind, the chances of getting pissed are minimal.
So cooking whilst pished is ok is it? It wasn't my kitchen anyway.

The_Snail said:
saintstone said:
jimmys_best_mate said:
Bottleosmoke said:
So cooking whilst pished is ok is it? It wasn't my kitchen anyway.
Cooking whilst under the influence is to be commended, especially if you can throw in a spot of home redecoration at the same time, hahahahaha.

B

Bottleosmoke

Blazing_spanners said:
I wouldn't even have one then drive. Especially at this time of year when the filth is out in force looking to add to their statistics!
Agreed.

Whilst drink driving in the forces is generally decreasing; the problem still lays with people driving the next morning.

Doesnt change the fact that if you do it, you are a cunt!

Bottleosmoke said:
Blazing_spanners said:
I wouldn't even have one then drive. Especially at this time of year when the filth is out in force looking to add to their statistics!
Agreed.

Whilst drink driving in the forces is generally decreasing; the problem still lays with people driving the next morning.
Doesnt change the fact that if you do it, you are a cunt!
nail on head there, think there would be a huge upsurge in fines/bans if there were more morning stops.

Cook,

Whilst I don't condone your actions, the man who has never made a mistake, has never ventured outside his front door. Nor has he had the opportunity to learn from those mistakes.

I am sure that there are many on the site, including some of the responsents who either have a similar conviction, or came damn close to it and if they are honest with themselves, would say 'there but for the grace of ........ go I'. You are fortunate that you did not injure anyone.

Noteably, had your lowest breath count of been between 35 and 39 and not 42, you would not of been prosecuted, merely held until you had passed a breath test at the police station. Between 40 and 49, individuals are given the opportunity (It's their choice), to replace their breath specimen with a sample of blood or urine, (Usually blood). Did you take that option? Just curious. It is rare for that reading to be much different than the reading gleaned from the breath sample, but it can happen.

More importantly, please inform your unit. In all likelyhood they already know. The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), that all incidents of arrest involving service personnel are reported to the nearest Service Police Unit. It does not always happen, but is done in far more cases than it is not. This requirement appears on most County Force Orders.

The Service Police unit receiving the information, will raise a 'Completed Bullitin, Arrested Serviceman Initial Case Report', (INCAREP), detailing the circumstances of your arrest, which will include the date you are bailed to re-appear. That document will not only go to your Unit CO, but also to the local Garrison and Divisional G1/J1 chain.

The Service Police will also telephone your unit and inform the Duty Officer of all of the details as it takes up to 48 hrs for a hard copy of the INCAREP to be received by your unit.

You may be able to hide it, but I seriously doubt it. My considered opinion is that you have already made one mistake, which will be costly, but not fatal. If you decide to withhold the fact that you were arrested from your unit, it won't be only your judgement that will be called into question.

i'm one of those"cnuts".caught 4.5 months ago up in court 1 week later and banned for 12 months.i asked to be recommended for the drink drivers course which i will do over 3 fridays in january. this will result in the ban being reduced by 3 months.got fined £120,half the usual £250 as i took use of the duty solicitor who just happened to be an ex Royal Irish(HS)officer.he charged me £58 ,without him it would have been much more,so do us the duty solicitor. as i'm TA he didn't mention in court that i'm a TA soldier,so therefore did not bring any same on the army,which was appreciated by my OC.he was told to AGAI 67, me as many of my duties were driving jobs.and went through it with me and i got the lowest "punishment "possible which is a rebuke(a telling off).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mess pres Military Discipline 113
plymarglane Military Discipline 65
old_bloke Finance, Property, Law 43