Drill sheets

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Mag_to_grid, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We have recently had a system introduced to my unit whereby we are required not only to sign in but sign out too and the end of a drill night. Recently, I was involved in some recruiting tasks that took me up to about 1030 pm, pretty much everyone had left and the drill sheet was nowhere to be seen so I did not sign out. As a result, I have been told that I wont be paid for that drill night nor will I get my HDT. Is this a system that every TA unit has adopted or is it just something that my unit participates in so that they have yet another oppurtunity to fcuk the guys over?

Bounties are still a sore point too....what month is it now?
  2. Wow, that sounds like a flawed system.

Our SSM gets a bit ancy when someone tries to sign out. It's all done by him regardless of times - I guess that's not great for insurance, but it saves hassle.
  3. we have the same system, we all have to sign out, under the eye of the troop sgt
  4. msr

msr LE

That does not seem right. Ask for the document they are using to justify this.

Surely you have a parade at the beginning of the night and one at the end?

5. We are getting majorly screwed on pay issues at the minute but this is the latest one. Everyone signs in at first parade, we have a last parade and then everyone has to go down to the bar for at least one drink. When you decide you are leaving the onus is on you to find the paysheet to sign out.

I will ask for the document to support this though and see what comes up.
  6. What's supposed to happen is that you sign out on the final parade. As for obligatory drinking 8O
  7. Our unit has the same system in place, sign in sign out.
  8. msr

msr LE

You need to raise this via your chain of command.

You sign on for 2 hours.

It's good to meet up in the bar afterwards, but this cannot be mandated.

9. Mag

Is this 116 Making it's own rules up again? Pat cupcake lightly on the head and tell him to wind his neck in :)
  10. From the response on here it sounds like it doesnt it mate?
  11. I could say I warned you............ but I wont :lol:

At a guess I would put this squarely down to a certain LE Officer you've got (or has the baldy ex bootneck been sacked yet?) , he (and a couple of his followers) has tried this type of thing several times before and got slapped down for it. Next they'll have you banging pin stakes in and setting up TP's ........... Because that's the way they did it in the 'Old Days' Make 'em sweat and ask them to write a statement! :twisted:
  12. we sign in and out daily, even though we're only there for the week end, so we do it from 19:00 - 23:59, 00:01 - 23:59 and 00:01 -16:00!
  13. If they've all trotted off at 22:30....
  14. If youd been authorised to work till whenever you finished your task then surely someone can vouch for your presence, even if you hadnt been seen, by the work that you had done?
    Really grates on me when soldiers have troubble getting paid because a senior or officer cant be bothered to do their job properly.

All in all though, a bunk system, or is your unit so massive that the sergeants cant account for their men?

On another note, cant believe everyone had gone by 2230!
  15. We used to have the sign in/sign out system but about 4 to 6 months ago changed back to just signing in.

No idea why we changed to signing in and out in the first place and no idea why we changed back again either, but it was probably because people were forgetting to sign out and causing the clerks problems. We ended up signing in and out at the same time which rather defeats the object.