Drill - Individual Commands

Can anyone clarify what the words of command are (if any) for bringing a lone soldier to attention? For instance, if I was to bring a soldier to attention prior to marching him into the RSM's office for a ‘chat’, what prefix would you use? Would it be the individuals rank and surname ie. Pte Snodgrass. Pte Snodgrass - shun ?

'Cometoattentioneverywhereyouhorribleshitcuntgetinmyofficetakethatfuckingfrownoffyourfaceyoushittingincompitentbastard'

Z

Zarathustra

Firstly I'm going to start by saying if you need to ask how to call someone upto attention then you probably aren't ready to call someone up to attention yet

Use their rank.

In most cases where a single soldier is being drilled the correct order would be ....." Prisoner, as you were, Prisoner, as you were, Prisoner, as you were, wait for it..prisoner, prisoner SHUN!. BAAAEEEE the front quick MAAshirts. hoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhike...MAAARkTIME..quick maashirts ..hoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhike..habout turn ..hoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhike...habout turn.." etc etc.. and you can throw it a " at the double" when it pleases you

Can anyone clarify what the words of command are (if any) for bringing a lone soldier to attention? For instance, if I was to bring a soldier to attention prior to marching him into the RSM's office for a ‘chat’, what prefix would you use? Would it be the individuals rank and surname ie. Pte Snodgrass. Pte Snodgrass - shun ?
Something like 'I say Sgt Major, would you mind awfully bringing in Pte. Snodgrass, I'd like a little chat about last night's shenanigans. Do please hang around because I will need your advice on what to do with the um thingummy thing, the, oh come on, the piece of paper like being put on housemasters report. . .'

'The AGAI sir?'

'Yes, that's the fellow'

can anyone clarify what the words of command are (if any) for bringing a lone soldier to attention? For instance, if i was to bring a soldier to attention prior to marching him into the rsm's office for a ‘chat’, what prefix would you use? Would it be the individuals rank and surname ie. Pte sn*dgr*ss. Pte sn*dgr*ss - shun ?
persec! Ffs

I get common sense dictates, but this was up for discussion this and noone knew if there was a text book answer as there is nothing in the drill manual (yes it got that pedantic). Point of interest only,

Foot Guards Method (so probably the closest to correct for gravel crunching):

Guardsman! Guardsman Shun! Quick March! Mark Time! Halt!

(Use other ranks as appropriate!)

to the Regimental Sergeant Major/Occifer etc "Guardsman X Sir"

Done it a fair few times and it seemed to work and keep everyone happy!!!

It just has to indicate whom you are addressing.

Parade, Contingent, Platoon, Sqn, Front Rank, Left File,Right Marker, Soldier Under Sentance, Prisoner, Detail, Colour Party, Defaulters, etc

I have a vague recollection that in the absence of a proper designation (company, platoon, concert party, whatever) it's "squad" down to a minimum of six bods and "detail" for five downwards, which includes individuals.

But don't ask me to back that up from the drill manual.

In most cases where a single soldier is being drilled the correct order would be ....." Prisoner, as you were, Prisoner, as you were, Prisoner, as you were, wait for it..prisoner, prisoner SHUN!. BAAAEEEE the front quick MAAshirts. hoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhike...MAAARkTIME..quick maashirts ..hoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhike..habout turn ..hoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhikehoofhike...habout turn.." etc etc.. and you can throw it a " at the double" when it pleases you
Nearly correct however this warning first should be given...

Prisoner the words of command will be changed for this detail. Left will become the letter D and Right will becom the letter R, DO you understand ? When the affermative is given you commence with...

....." Prisoner, as you were, Prisoner, as you were, Prisoner, as you were, wait for it..Prisoner, Prisoner SHUN!. BAAAEEEE the front quick MAAshirts. DRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRD...MAAARkTIME..quick maashirts ....DRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRD habouturn......... DRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRDRD...habout turn.." etc etc.. and you can throw it a " at the double" when it pleases you.

Or thats what My RSM said to me before I marched into the RSM of the R.A.s office after I was a naughty boy and broke one of their guns.

it's usually "Prisoner...prisoner SHUN!"

Rodney2q

Edited to add that I must read the thread, and particularly the previous post, before touching the keyboard...

:-(