• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Drill Course TA

one in the last two weeks in Aug 07..need your bid in sharp as for 08 it wont be published for the sec half of the year....see your SPI..or if your RTC see the ADJ

wonky_donky said:
I am looking for dates for the TA drill course in 08, any help appreciated. Or can you steer me in the right direction....
The best thing to do is contact the All Arms Drill Wing at Pirbright yourself, i know its treading on toes but you will get the answers sooner rather than later.

Good luck on the course and take lots of cash and spare No 2's if you have them.

Colonel_Foreskin-Crumb said:
wonky_donky said:
I am looking for dates for the TA drill course in 08, any help appreciated. Or can you steer me in the right direction....
The best thing to do is contact the All Arms Drill Wing at Pirbright yourself, i know its treading on toes but you will get the answers sooner rather than later.

Good luck on the course and take lots of cash and spare No 2's if you have them.
Catterick ?

I did it last year. C95 only. No.2 dress not required. But like everything... open to change! Your joining instructions (if you're lucky enough to get on the course) will tell you.

Let me know if they have taken the 'hedge' up to Catterick (If you don't know what I mean - you soon will!)

All Arms - as in Inf, Arty, Sappers, Cav, Loggies, etc. But what happens when a fella from 6 Rifles turns up on his todd? Will he be instructed on his own?

WE had an LI CSM on ours he had to teach heavy drill ,funy as fck really,kept effing off to check his pamphlet. hope hedge has been moved up to Caterick.and tour of campshould be a laugh around Vimy Barracks.
All The Bessst
B_T

expect to mark time with your head in a hedge at least once, take two sets of no'2s, two pairs of ammo boots and plenty of cash as you will be fined for numerous bottles of port.... oh yes brufen comes in handy, not for the aches and pains of drilling all day but for the port you will drink in the mess. i think the latter contravines a matt 6 video though

Just been.

Confirm 95's only, no No 2 Dress.
No hedge, in fact no square some of the time.
No port - been reigned in on the drinking culture it seems, although the bar is open every night for those who don't need any persuasion.
Expect to 'pay as you dine' for about 4 - 5 quid a day and claim on return.
Expect to get robbed by the caterers if you want a tea urn on the square, best sorting a Norgy and some makings between you.
If you can get someone to grip your drill before you go and try to get your head around a Teaching Practice (TP), or at least the consistent set phrases.
Take a gonk bag/duvet unless you prefer army blankets. You will be making your bed (with hospital corners) for inspection most mornings, no really you will, honest!
If you're not, as you should be, at least a Local Sgt just take a set of tapes and promote yourself for the duration, everybody else does.
Take and iron/ironing board (although there are quite a few boards around the mess). Saves times scrounging and although it's 95 don't listen to the 'you don't press 95' experts.
Take 1 pair of good 'best boots' (ammos) and 2 pairs of well worn in BCH, and bull at least the toes of the BCH to a good standard. Alternatively -don't and spend 'tea and toast' flling out your AGAI forms and early mornings on show parades.
Expect your mess bill to be around £25 but that will include £18 or so for the course photo.
You'll no doubt wonder, either during the tour of barracks, or if not definitely by about day 3 'What the hell am I doing here?' Good question. If you find an answer can you let me know please, I'm still struggling and I've been back a week.

Latest Threads