Drill Course TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by wonky_donky, Jun 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking for dates for the TA drill course in 08, any help appreciated. Or can you steer me in the right direction....

2. one in the last two weeks in Aug 07..need your bid in sharp as for 08 it wont be published for the sec half of the year....see your SPI..or if your RTC see the ADJ

3. The best thing to do is contact the All Arms Drill Wing at Pirbright yourself, i know its treading on toes but you will get the answers sooner rather than later.

Good luck on the course and take lots of cash and spare No 2's if you have them.

4. Catterick ?

5. Correct, it has moved. Catterick now.

6. long time ago since i did it

7. heard they dont use number 2's anymore.....?
    Just 95's?

8. Sorry for the bad advice, I am obviously out of date.

9. I did it last year. C95 only. No.2 dress not required. But like everything... open to change! Your joining instructions (if you're lucky enough to get on the course) will tell you.

Let me know if they have taken the 'hedge' up to Catterick (If you don't know what I mean - you soon will!)

10. stupid question time - does this course cater for the Rifles?

11. It's an All Arms Drill Course. All Arms being the operative phrase...

Hope that clears it up.

12. All Arms - as in Inf, Arty, Sappers, Cav, Loggies, etc. But what happens when a fella from 6 Rifles turns up on his todd? Will he be instructed on his own?

13. I thought that the Light Div held drill courses at Sir John Moore barracks (ATR Winchester)?

14. Not sure if I am being daft here, but why would you be taught on your own? You use the same Drill Manual don't you?