'drill' Claymores

The other makers e.g. Soviet Army and JNA didn’t really do H&S stuff. And didn’t need some enthusiastic Ambulance Chaser chasing them. Indeed they were actually quite specific about this to their local legal eagles. Really specific.e.g GULAG and Goli Otok.
RM haven’t you dealt with a lot of serb/Croat stuff? Essentially copied from the Russians, have they improved the safety features, I remember Russian arty fuzes Classed as safe, semi safe and fuzed (no safety features, but even the Russians wouldn’t refer to it as unsafe).

RM haven’t you dealt with a lot of serb/Croat stuff? Essentially copied from the Russians, have they improved the safety features, I remember Russian arty fuzes Classed as safe, semi safe and fuzed (no safety features, but even the Russians wouldn’t refer to it as unsafe).
I have and the fuzes wouldn’t meet OB safety standards, but they are functional. Some of their ammo is a direct knock-off of NATO stuff e.g M 107 155mm. The MLRS system ORKAN was the pride of the Defence Industry Factories - it was shit but worked.

I have and the fuzes wouldn’t meet OB safety standards, but they are functional. Some of their ammo is a direct knock-off of NATO stuff e.g M 107 155mm. The MLRS system ORKAN was the pride of the Defence Industry Factories - it was shit but worked.
Interestingly their mine series were almost* totally home grown. Indeed, at the time we used to joke that, if only their cars were as good as their mines, everyone would be driving Yugos...

* The TMM1 was a copy of the WWII German Teller mine, and the PMR2 was a copy of the Soviet POM-Z. The MRUD was a generic directional fragmentation AP mine. Everything else was a domestic design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a ******* beast and delivered a fair wallop.
Ah yes.. the Exploder Dynamo Condenser.. I have a couple somewhere in my attic. (along with a nice light twisty magneto exploder which, unlike a SHRIKE did not need batteries and which fitted in my pocket...!)

These were a commercial buy in from Nobel Explosives Division and were known on the civvie market as the "Beethoven" presumably because they were supposed to be able to fire a "symphony" of 1000 No6 electric dets.. They were widely used by the open cast blasting lot in the old days before they invented Nonel..

The test gear consisted of a bulb holder which held a torch bulb and which got plugged into a hole between the cable terminals.. when you fired the exploder it blew the bulb, so there was a little wooden board covered with torch bulbs in the lid. These also fitted the right angle green torches of the time, so there were never any when you needed them so you invariably used an ISFE to test the exploder circuit ( ..and ISFE did not fit in right angle torches...!)

Ah yes.. the Exploder Dynamo Condenser.. I have a couple somewhere in my attic. (along with a nice light twisty magneto exploder which, unlike a SHRIKE did not need batteries and which fitted in my pocket...!)

These were a commercial buy in from Nobel Explosives Division and were known on the civvie market as the "Beethoven" presumably because they were supposed to be able to fire a "symphony" of 1000 No6 electric dets.. They were widely used by the open cast blasting lot in the old days before they invented Nonel..

The test gear consisted of a bulb holder which held a torch bulb and which got plugged into a hole between the cable terminals.. when you fired the exploder it blew the bulb, so there was a little wooden board covered with torch bulbs in the lid. These also fitted the right angle green torches of the time, so there were never any when you needed them so you invariably used an ISFE to test the exploder circuit ( ..and ISFE did not fit in right angle torches...!)
By God that is taking me back.

Listen fella, let’s come to an agreement, you don’t question my expertise with Ammunition and I won’t question your expertise with sucking cocks.

I’ve told you what it is, it’s written in black and white in Ammunition and explosive regulations and conforms to the NATO marking pamphlet def-Stan 08-10.
Thanks flower, that was some comeback. Don't think I'll ever recover from that one.

ugly

LE

I had the little dynamo firer from the RCK in my webbing, great for ISFE initiated T Bang ambushes!

I had the little dynamo firer from the RCK in my webbing, great for ISFE initiated T Bang ambushes!
Similar idea, I had a claymore clacker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen fella, let’s come to an agreement, you don’t question my expertise with Ammunition and I won’t question your expertise with sucking cocks.

I’ve told you what it is, it’s written in black and white in Ammunition and explosive regulations and conforms to the NATO marking pamphlet def-Stan 08-10.
That's one of the best flounces I've seen in a long time.

Did you honestly think think, that after all this time and all your history that that he doesn't know you're an Ammo Tech?

I'm willing to guess he doesn't care mind.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MicknDarcyJo The Training Wing 4