• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

drill boots

g'day
i am after a pair of drill boots the ones with clickety clickety bits on the bottom

i cant for the life of me remember what the proper name is for them

could anyone point me in the right direction for a pair please

many thanks

-/-

Think carefully about what you are saying. The progression in shoe size is not S – M – L, i.e. 10S is not one up from 9L. It goes N(arrow), M(edium), W(ide) and with drill boots, just as field boots, it is worth getting it right.

Or was this a wah?

surfmad said:
no not a wah

i take a size 10 Lowa and 9L on my normal boots
surfmad, I'd go with your normal issue size for ammo boots if I were you. You'll find them just a tiny tad longer in the toe.

MsG

ugly

LE
booty_cadet said:
Those ammo boots are the old style. Before you buy make sure you have the new style with no 'bumps' anywhere. The newest ones have smooth leather all over.
Doesnt life get easier?

i always went one size bigger.....reason being...if you have to burn them down they won't get too tight....and also, if they have been burned down you'll be lucky to get them on in your own size :)

booty_cadet said:
Those ammo boots are the old style. Before you buy make sure you have the new style with no 'bumps' anywhere. The newest ones have smooth leather all over.
The Silvermans ammo boots have a very pointed toe and I think are made by Sanders not TH Bros who seemed to make the boots previous.

Latest Threads