Drifire - Flame Resistant AND Moisture wicking!?

#6
Yes, but $40 for a frikkin t-shirt!!
 
#8
It's all a bit vague on what it's made of.

Anyone watched the vids? I can't seem to get onto YouTube at the mo.

Would be great if it does work as well as the site says.
 
#9
Mr_Deputy said:
Be this the material which the US Marines are making their new shirts from?
I think the USMC FROG program selected the Potomac Field Gear range. No idea where to get that in the UK, though. It seems to be cheaper than DriFire too.
 
#10
Idrach said:
Mr_Deputy said:
Be this the material which the US Marines are making their new shirts from?
I think the USMC FROG program selected the Potomac Field Gear range. No idea where to get that in the UK, though. It seems to be cheaper than DriFire too.
We have been trying to stock Potomac for a while and hope to have it within a few months. Its very good stuff. I firist saw it tested at Milipol in Qatar a few years back. Its one of the best in the world for value.
 
#11
#12
bootnick said:
freedomman said:
It's all a bit vague on what it's made of.

Anyone watched the vids? I can't seem to get onto YouTube at the mo.

Would be great if it does work as well as the site says.
Chuck Norris' Tears.

Just got one of these http://www.patrolstore.com/DriFire-Silk-Weight-Desert-Sand-Short-Sleeve-T-p-13465.html

Accoring to the description its "85% modacrylic fibre" not sure what the other 15% is, will check the label when it turns up.
:lol:

Will you get someone to video the test when you set yourself on fire?
 
#13
Interesting, it appears to be better than standard synthetic materials in that it doesen't immediatly melt onto your skin when exposed to flame, but is not designed to be exposed to flames for anything more than a brief spell (think bomb vs. petrol tank fire).
 
#14
Here's the linky to their site i also see they have a forum so you ask about UK sellers on there
 
#15
Speedy delivery from Patrolstore.com, T arrived today. The other 15% is viscose? Which I always thought meant "gloopy". Tried the T on, fits really well, slightly longer than a high street T which means it doesn't ride up when you bend over or sit down. The material is a bit weired, not at all like under armour or sports tops, its much more like cotton, but a little bit tougher maybe? No itchyness at all, very comfortable to wear. Will go for a run in the sun later see how wicking it really is.

Any videos of me being torched will be purely without my intent, or indeed consent, im afraid.
 
#16
Here's a bit of a review on the T shirt.
 
#18
bootnick said:
I am impressesed, this is way more comfortable than UA and if anything dries faster. Good kit!
Thanks for the info. Well, that looks like an experimental set of drifire and a set of Potomac (if bomb-int can get it in) and see which is better vfm (the USMC tests show them as having pretty much identical fire-resistance.)
 
#19
This material was in PECOC and a possible new head over was designed. The idea being that in winter it would keep you warm and i the summer it was a quick FR pull on.

It was trialled extensively and well received by the troops. It was one of the items, like new combat gloves that raised the bar for FR.

But do not be fooled, when you compare FR materials always remember that the wicking, comfort and breathability is always going to be poor compared to traditional polycotton mixes
 
#20
what about silk?
does'nt go horribly sticky when you lean over a hexi wearing it*


yes I know you have to be some sort of Fecking numpty to set yourself alight
with a hexe burner but was slightly tired :oops:
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top