Drifire - Flame Resistant AND Moisture wicking!?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bootnick, Apr 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone come accross this gear before : http://www.drifire.com/

I'm always a little suspect of American advertising claims, is this stuff really as comfortable as they make out? How does it compare to "Shell suit at a fireworks display" Under Armour?

2. I have never seen it before, not even at Defence shows.

3. Its ment to be the best stuff around

4. Yes, but $40 for a frikkin t-shirt!!

5. Thats only £30 in real money. :)

Might spazz some beans on a T and let you guys know how I get on.

6. It's all a bit vague on what it's made of.

Anyone watched the vids? I can't seem to get onto YouTube at the mo.

Would be great if it does work as well as the site says.

7. I think the USMC FROG program selected the Potomac Field Gear range. No idea where to get that in the UK, though. It seems to be cheaper than DriFire too.

8. We have been trying to stock Potomac for a while and hope to have it within a few months. Its very good stuff. I firist saw it tested at Milipol in Qatar a few years back. Its one of the best in the world for value.

9. Chuck Norris' Tears.

Just got one of these http://www.patrolstore.com/DriFire-Silk-Weight-Desert-Sand-Short-Sleeve-T-p-13465.html

Accoring to the description its "85% modacrylic fibre" not sure what the other 15% is, will check the label when it turns up.

10. :lol:

Will you get someone to video the test when you set yourself on fire?

11. Interesting, it appears to be better than standard synthetic materials in that it doesen't immediatly melt onto your skin when exposed to flame, but is not designed to be exposed to flames for anything more than a brief spell (think bomb vs. petrol tank fire).

12. Here's the linky to their site i also see they have a forum so you ask about UK sellers on there

13. Speedy delivery from Patrolstore.com, T arrived today. The other 15% is viscose? Which I always thought meant "gloopy". Tried the T on, fits really well, slightly longer than a high street T which means it doesn't ride up when you bend over or sit down. The material is a bit weired, not at all like under armour or sports tops, its much more like cotton, but a little bit tougher maybe? No itchyness at all, very comfortable to wear. Will go for a run in the sun later see how wicking it really is.

Any videos of me being torched will be purely without my intent, or indeed consent, im afraid.