Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Dress standards in the TA

Having just completed a course with the TA, was the nearest to my Unit, I was quite shocked as a regular soldier to see some of the standards of dress of some TA soldiers. Examples were being on parade in a wool watch cap (because he'd forgotten his beret), on parade in a CW hat (because he wanted to), being on parade wearing a civvy, albeit green, softie jacket as an outer garment! The vast majority of boots didn't look to have seen polish for while either.

Once again not the majority, just a minority letting the rest down.

Not wanting to give too much away, 3 courses were being held at the same time with a joint parade in the morning to 1 call the 5 nominal roll, check the older ones B hadn't died D in their E sleep sort of thing.

There's a clue as to which area it may have held in. Can you see it?

The individuals concerned were all different cap badges and units.

Loud/clear GM.

Thats gash as fcuk, my current unit would have beasted the jack ba$tards for even thinking of it. As posted already, an informal sunday parade after an ex is barely acceptable for that

General Melchett said:
There's a clue as to which area it may have held in.
After being told not to inspect the troops as it will piss them off.... Still did it anyway .. no where near your area at all :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

clownbasher said:
Why not just name the shitbags? You're talking about the Tyne-Tees or whatever the f*** they are called these days?

I don't want to name them, just make the point that as a regular soldier I thought, infact still do, that the TA was just as professional. things like this don't help give me a warm fuzzy feeling though.

You get slack bastards all over the place-thing is was the lack of decent dress mentioned on the parades? Perhaps they should be sent to go and do the relevant parts of phase1 trg again lol.

had something similar with a recruit on her TAFs
kept forgetting her Beret on w/ends so made her wear her helmut all w/end

dont think she will forget her Beret again :twisted:

FBW said:
had something similar with a recruit on her TAFs
kept forgetting her Beret on w/ends so made her wear her helmut all w/end

dont think she will forget her Beret again :twisted:

IMO it should be an SOP that crows wear the helmet throughout Phase 1 training - not just TAFS, either. The beret ( at least in my neck of the gobby woods ) is something to be earned, not just given out buckshee. It shows commitment and is a rite of passage.

In my experience its either the recruits or the old timers that take the piss

The recruits don't know any better and the old timers have a substansial rank and dont care what anyone thinks either way.

Only last week I was told that I was not allowed to ring absentees up via phone "cos we are all volunteers"

Two weeks after chrimbo a recruit who had been through a few weekends turned up in civvies , his excuse was that his uniform was in the wash , I assumed he had had a dirty weekend "oop north" but he stupidly told me that he had nly just washed it from before christmas

I sent the ****** home

General Melchett said:
Having just completed a course with the TA, was the nearest to my Unit, I was quite shocked as a regular soldier to see some of the standards of dress of some TA soldiers. Examples were being on parade in a wool watch cap (because he'd forgotten his beret), on parade in a CW hat (because he wanted to), being on parade wearing a civvy, albeit green, softie jacket as an outer garment! The vast majority of boots didn't look to have seen polish for while either.

Once again not the majority, just a minority letting the rest down.

GM,

I trust you had a word in someone's shell.

msr