Dress Regulations and MTP...............

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by top_soldier, Aug 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today - finally, I cracked!! If there is someone out there with three or more stars on their collar/chest who sees this, could they please, finally, grip the laughing stock that is Officer direction on the wearing of uniforms.....................

Berets on/off, desert hats on/off, twisters in/out, sleeves up/down, shirts in/out, stable belts on/off, green belts on/off, TRF on/off brown boots on/off...............

It still remains mildly amusing that we cannot reach agreement but for sanity sake and more importantly, to demonstrate to soldiers that you can make a decision, give direction and enforce across ALL ranks, please, stop the rot and deal with it!!!

There are proper military decisions to be made and the dress one needs resolving now!!!!

2. go read the ABN list near the top.

3. Have a look at the latest: ABN 81/13 WEARING OF PERSONAL COMBAT SYSTEM - COMBAT UNIFORM

Read it and weep :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Carte blanch for the Royal Corps to make the wrong decision.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Different thing, ABN's and enforcement at an officer level isn't it? Do as they say, not as they do. I'm sure that's the rule.

Feck me, you want to see the state of the officers at a certain large MoD unit in Wiltshire. I've seen it all. Even OG's still being worn with FAD shirts etc.

Even the RAF manage to look "uniform" compared to the Army.

6. Well on Monday - Email out say's that its back to wearing shirts tucked in and green belts on.

7. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

Not seen that one yet, I presume that is an internal unit email?

8. Nice to see you've all got something serious to worry about.......

• Like Like x 2
  9. Is this tucked in/out garbage still going on?

10. Yes Balls In....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Who gives a shit scruffy is the new smart deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. From what I can see from your post, you're after some kind of uniformity with the uniform? Good luck with that ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Come 1 Oct, there'll be a new directive for winter dress...

14. The really worrying part is that the ABN says that Commanders can make local decisions...........we're all doomed...........!!!