Dress Regulations and MTP...............

Today - finally, I cracked!! If there is someone out there with three or more stars on their collar/chest who sees this, could they please, finally, grip the laughing stock that is Officer direction on the wearing of uniforms.....................

Berets on/off, desert hats on/off, twisters in/out, sleeves up/down, shirts in/out, stable belts on/off, green belts on/off, TRF on/off brown boots on/off...............

It still remains mildly amusing that we cannot reach agreement but for sanity sake and more importantly, to demonstrate to soldiers that you can make a decision, give direction and enforce across ALL ranks, please, stop the rot and deal with it!!!

There are proper military decisions to be made and the dress one needs resolving now!!!!

go read the ABN list near the top.

Different thing, ABN's and enforcement at an officer level isn't it? Do as they say, not as they do. I'm sure that's the rule.

Feck me, you want to see the state of the officers at a certain large MoD unit in Wiltshire. I've seen it all. Even OG's still being worn with FAD shirts etc.

Even the RAF manage to look "uniform" compared to the Army.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Today - finally, I cracked!! If there is someone out there with three or more stars on their collar/chest who sees this, could they please, finally, grip the laughing stock that is Officer direction on the wearing of uniforms.....................

Berets on/off, desert hats on/off, twisters in/out, sleeves up/down, shirts in/out, stable belts on/off, green belts on/off, TRF on/off brown boots on/off...............

It still remains mildly amusing that we cannot reach agreement but for sanity sake and more importantly, to demonstrate to soldiers that you can make a decision, give direction and enforce across ALL ranks, please, stop the rot and deal with it!!!

There are proper military decisions to be made and the dress one needs resolving now!!!!
From what I can see from your post, you're after some kind of uniformity with the uniform? Good luck with that ;-)

Come 1 Oct, there'll be a new directive for winter dress...

The really worrying part is that the ABN says that Commanders can make local decisions...........we're all doomed...........!!!

Seems it must have been easier in my time

Wear tin-lid until drill test is passed and you have earn´t the right to wear the beret. Afterward headdress when outdoors, remove on entering buildings

GW1 or GW2 (did both and getting senile so cannot remember from which it came), the three "Alls" -All the way down, all the way round, all of the time.

twisters in/out, sleeves up/down, shirts in/out, stable belts on/off, green belts on/off, TRF on/off brown boots on/off...............
Regimental dress regs. Anyone dressed differently is a scruffy cnut and wouldn´t be tolerated in this fine unit.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I was always informed that as REME attached, the hosting unit could make us wear three of their "embellishments"

te•di•um (ˈti di əm)

n.
the quality or state of being wearisome; tediousness.
[1655&#8211;65; < Latin taedium]

The stable belt debate is also going to flare up again apparently...
I like it when people think I'm a chef anyway as cookery programmes are always popular on the telly....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

The stable belt debate is also going to flare up again apparently...
I like it when people think I'm a chef anyway as cookery programmes are always popular on the telly....

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Shame the RLC + AGC don't form a super corp. Cops cooks clerks all under one capbadge......