Dress regs - German Dartboard

#1
What do the current dress regulations say about the old dartboard badge worn by the Bosch speakers after they passed their Colloquial Exams. Haven't seen anyone wearing one for years. Is it still extant, when and where is it worn these days, now that everyone is in CS95? Do they still get issued?
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#2
I have seen one or two people wearing them, but I think they are considered a bit 'naff' nowadays. i dare say someone will post an exact quote from Mat Regs though just to prove I'm wrong.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#3
I saw one being worn the other day, for the first time in years. Bearing in mind the number of badges we all seem to be acquiring these days, it does seem to be a bit 'boy scout-ish' to put one of these up.
 
#4
The youth of today can bearly speak English. What chance do they have learning a different language?
That coupled with the few troops in Germany these days would reduce numbers even further.
 
#5
The only badges authorised for wearing on the CS95 lightweight jacket (i.e. shirt) are the Cdo dagger, Para wing/SAS Wings (only one of these), Bde flash, Union Flag and EOD qual badge.

A minute from the Army Dress Committee (I can't be bothered to look it up) forbade all others, although there are some unofficial ones tolerated, including the Pioneers flash and the Tank Transporter badge.

IF
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#6
Speedy said:
The youth of today can bearly speak English.
Or spell.
 
E

error_unknown

Guest
#7
IdeasFactory said:
The only badges authorised for wearing on the CS95 lightweight jacket (i.e. shirt) are the Cdo dagger, Para wing/SAS Wings (only one of these), Bde flash, Union Flag and EOD qual badge.

A minute from the Army Dress Committee (I can't be bothered to look it up) forbade all others, although there are some unofficial ones tolerated, including the Pioneers flash and the Tank Transporter badge.

IF
What about pilot wings?
 
#8
IdeasFactory wrote:
unofficial ones tolerated, including the Pioneers flash and the Tank Transporter badge.
They are not tolerated ask DRLC.

At first there was only to be five badges to be worn Wings, para wings, cdo dagger and AT/ATO flash, union flag. then came Bde flashes, DZ flashes, and so on and so on. We will end up like the boy scouts again. :roll:
 
#9
chickenpunk said:
IdeasFactory said:
The only badges authorised for wearing on the CS95 lightweight jacket (i.e. shirt) are the Cdo dagger, Para wing/SAS Wings (only one of these), Bde flash, Union Flag and EOD qual badge.

A minute from the Army Dress Committee (I can't be bothered to look it up) forbade all others, although there are some unofficial ones tolerated, including the Pioneers flash and the Tank Transporter badge.

IF
What about pilot wings?
A pilot ... not in a flying suit ? Do such sights even exist ?
 
#11
chimera said:
I think they are considered a bit 'naff' nowadays.
They were naff when I first tipped up in BAOR nearly a quarter of a century ago and I dont see them become the 'in' thing in the near future.
 
#12
Not sure whether I like the american idea of everyone wearing a badge showing their trade or not. Tactical recognition flashes like gliders/tigers/etc the size of postage stamps seem pretty stupid. Would be more sensible to identify what you do rather than who you belong to? I'm not sure.
 
#13
IdeasFactory said:
there are some unofficial ones tolerated, including the Pioneers flash and the Tank Transporter badge.
IF
What the hell is a tank transporter badge? And what do you to get it apart from being fat??
 
#15
Bloomin eck, has it changed so much?

I was/am entitled to wear the dartboard having done several courses at SHTC JHQ. Also, I qualified as a German army parachutist at Altenstadt whilst on detachment to the German Army.... Matter of interest. Can you still wear foreign wings on combat jackets?

BTW - the dartboard was worn on the upper right sleeve on shirts combat, jerseys and combats!

What has happened to rad ops flags(as a class 2 we used to wear them lower left sleeve no.2s and wooly pully).

Suppose that´s all outta the fenster, is it?
 

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
#16
me n bee said:
......

I was/am entitled to wear the dartboard having done several courses at SHTC JHQ. Also, I qualified as a German army parachutist at Altenstadt whilst on detachment to the German Army.... Matter of interest. Can you still wear foreign wings on combat jackets?

......
I don't know about Combat Jackets, (are they Black Mafia with shovel, GS ? :wink: ,) but you may wear one set of foreign wings above the right chest pocket, (regardless of where the foreign nation wears theirs,) on your Smock, Parachutist if you're issued with one, and then only if you've got the BBC up.

I've also seen the flags and the AD badge worn fairly recently, once again these were on Para smocks which aren't part of CS 95.

Do you have a pic of the dartboard to refresh the minds of those of us whose memory isn't what it should be ?
 
#18
Ragged_Wrac said:
Dont forget the RE bomb disposal Badge
IdeasFactory said:
The only badges authorised for wearing on the CS95 lightweight jacket (i.e. shirt) are the Cdo dagger, Para wing/SAS Wings (only one of these), Bde flash, Union Flag and EOD qual badge.
RLC AT/ATO Badge on Lower Right Sleeve

or

RE Bomb Badge on Lower Left Sleeve

Both are classed as EOD Qualifications.
 
#19
me n bee said:
Bloomin eck, has it changed so much?

I was/am entitled to wear the dartboard having done several courses at SHTC JHQ. Also, I qualified as a German army parachutist at Altenstadt whilst on detachment to the German Army.... Matter of interest. Can you still wear foreign wings on combat jackets?
BTW - the dartboard was worn on the upper right sleeve on shirts combat, jerseys and combats!

What has happened to rad ops flags(as a class 2 we used to wear them lower left sleeve no.2s and wooly pully).

Suppose that´s all outta the fenster, is it?
Only people who would wear foreign wings on a combat jacket are those who have not / could not pass an arduous physical course followed by a jumps course at Brize. I take it you are one of the afore mentioned non brethren who has done some Daf tailgateing and wanted to do some 'bigging it up' with his harry mates.
 
#20
the Royal Tank regiment wear a tank flash on the right arm
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Praetorian Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC 0
J Sappers 4
J Military Clothing & Boots 3

Similar threads

Top