Dress codes and their subtle meanings.

Discussion in 'Officers' started by 11D, Sep 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Wondering if anyone can help with this one.

Had a chat with some of my fellow officer cronies, and was informed that if one was to wear his Corps tie to supper on a wednesday evening, then it implies you r free and single and up for a sh*g. Heard the same is true if females wear their 'Corps tie equivelent', i.e stick pin or something.

Can anyone help me out with this or are my mates winding me up? Any info would be most useful, since I have recently become single again :)

2. I've always found that if women wear their thongs around their ankles they may be up for it :D

3. ooooo Is this Dogging for Officers????????? :D :D :D

4. Sounds spurious to me. But I'm (a) married and (b) happy about it, so it's possible that they've deliberately not told me about this code in case I spoil their fun. Good thing I haven't bought a Corps tie yet, then...

IF

5. For mine and others I know, wearing the Regt tie in the mess indicates no shag for 3 months. I suppose it could also mean being tight and only having one tie.
    Mac

6. Wearing a 'corps' tie means - desperate, single, no personality, hygiene problem, no cash, virgin etc.

Now, wearing a 'Regimental ' tie means ...' Ladies, there's a queue :lol: '

7. 11D

11D Old-Salt

Hootch, I'm not going to bite, but iof u saw the state of our Regt tie, u would see why 'Corps' tie is preferred.

8. Blinder! :lol:

9. I thought that Corps/Regt tie worn on a Friday meant that you hadn't had it for ages........ at least that was what I have been told in the past. As for the female version I have never known any 'lady' officer to be so subtle......!

10. I disagree.

Wearing an AAC tie means that you may get intelligent conversation prior to having the wearer nailing his boxer shorts to your wall.

Wearing any other Corps tie means that you will be bored to death with tales of shelving and diesel.

Wearing a Regimental tie means that the wearer may, if your lucky, leave the 50 quid on the bedside table before p1ssing in your goldfish tank and then doing a runner. :D

11. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Surely, once you've finished work for the day, you need to relax...

...I prefer my regimental cravat. 8)