Dress belt for 2s

Im after some advice and also a place to souce the item.

The advice I would like is ref. the regs for colours of belts ive seen both white and black, however I have been told various reasons for this so I am wondering if anyone knows the definitive answer.

Also is there anywhere I can part with my hard earned beer tokens for one of the aformentioned items.

Cheers

Invade_france said:
Im after some advice and also a place to souce the item.

The advice I would like is ref. the regs for colours of belts ive seen both white and black, however I have been told various reasons for this so I am wondering if anyone knows the definitive answer.

Also is there anywhere I can part with my hard earned beer tokens for one of the aformentioned items.

Cheers
Ask the nice man in your QM stores and he'll give you one for free - as to colour, it's down to regt tradition: some wear black, some white, some used to wear the horrid green nylon one too.

Yea our corps is starting to wear the tramp special with their two's.

I dont see the point in spending hours on my ammo boots, brasses and twat cap to have a working dress belt on. If somone asks me to a function thats important to them its the least I can do to look presentable for their big day.

Soooo true! Try giving 16 SR a bell (if you have any mates there). They're on public duties and they're bound to have a gucci belts with nice stainless steal buckles with Jimmey on and 'borrow' one!

You should be able to find the belts in the QMs.

Failing that try e-bay. They have everything else there!!!

Haven´t got a clue about the official policy these days; but for what it´s worth here´s my personal preference:

Green working dress belt - absolute bonk.
White belt - looks good, but you need the gloves to really set it off.
Black belt - is the way ahead. Looks really smart and no gloves needed.

What is your Regiment supposed to wear.
There is a reason it is called a uniform!

Blokeonabike said:
What is your Regiment supposed to wear.
There is a reason it is called a uniform!

I don´t think it´s that simple. As in "Horses for courses", I think it´s a case of "Belts for parades". I can remember No2´s parades where I´ve worn the green belt and parades where the white belt has been used. I also remember some of our guys going to a funeral in the UK and they were issued with black belts for it.

Have we got any "badges" on here, that could shed some light on the matter ?

Edited due to bonk spelling

The reason I want to buy one is that I'm posted to an Independant Sqn that isnt run by my glourious corps. And to be honest dont want to be chasing a bloody belt all around the country before I go.

Also I have five functions that Ive been asked to attend this spring summer and giving one out for that long would make most QM's depts get all moist (not in a good way).

G

GLESGA-NED

PDs states black belts are to be worn, White belts can however be used in lieu of black or green. Commanders discretion I suppose? I think you can get black belt from the PRI in Blandford.