• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Dragoon Tactical Tight Fleece

I bought one of these a couple of months ago and have used it a fair bit, both on and off duty. These are an 'improved version' (knock-off) of the well known (and rather more expensive) Warmpeace Sneaker which are widely used by Danish soldiers of all branches.

Being a tight Scottish git, and somewhat unwilling to pay close to 150 quid for a thin fleece, the Dragoon model seemed like the perfect answer to a non-existent question, until forced by peer pressure and a sugar high caused by an overdose of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups I finally caved and pressed the add to cart button.

P1010672.jpg

When it arrived, it did tick all the required boxes: Tactical, yes it's green. Tight, yes definitely, and stretchy too! Order a size bigger than usual though, unless you fancy having a green hooded corset. Fleece, yes-ish, though more micro-fleece-ish than anything else.

It's made of a fairly thin stretch fleece material, but even so it does give a fair bit of warmth. I've worn it over a thermo original shirt (pile norgie style shirt), and under our lightweight combat shirt/jacket in temperatures close to freezing without undue discomfort, and I imagine it would be pretty good for wear under an Arktis smock or similar in winter conditions. The hood is an okay fit, but to be perfectly honest I haven't really used it. It does however give you some warmth around the neck area, which means you don't really need to use a scarf/headover.

It has reinforcements on the shoulder and elbow areas, useful fold out hand warmer thingys, two large zipped pockets with internal mobile/cigarette etc. pockets, underarm zips for ventilation, and 3 patches where velcro backed patches can be attached if desired (one on each sleeve, and one for a name tape).

It can be used as a stand alone 'walking the dog jacket' if required, but look in the mirror before you leave the house. WARNING Do not use this as an outer garment if you have a beer gut!!

To sum up, it's not a bad option for a mid-layer garment for use in a temperate climate, but I think that the price tag of around 90 quid is still a bit steep. I got mine tax free, and therefore only paid about 60 quid, which I think is a more appropriate price.

I'd rate it at 7 or 8 out of 10!

I bought mine here: INF-Wear.dk

Many thanks for this. When I get back to a proper computer I'll ' promote' it into the reviews section....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Latest Threads