Dragon Supplies Webbing rigs

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by MrBane, May 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just had a look at DS for their webbing rigs. My issue rig is falling to bits and I can't be arrsed exchanging and refitting it all.
    However, I just shat a brick when I saw the prices.

Has anyone used the DS rigs before, and any useful comments on them?
    Cheers. :)

2. I use one, and its fine for the type of exercises I do. I don't know how it would stand up to a 3 week infantry exercises though.
    As its all stitched together it looks good (always a bonus in the RLC) and doesn't have webbing straps or bungees hanging of it.
    Its much better than the abortion of webbing I made myself with web-tex stuff that promptly fell apart 30 minutes after wearing it.

3. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

lol.

"Buy Web-Tex, buy twice."

:D

Cheers. I'm going to order this Airborne set for £124.99, and if it's shoite I'll just send it back. I do prefer the stitched method though. Minimises on the shake'n'bake factor when you're trying to skive off for a sly one. :D

4. I have a set of their Airbourne webbing, very good kit, and very hard wearing. I thought it was well worth the price.

I've heard people say good things about Troopers in Colchester aswell

5. I agree with Crow-Bag...

I myself have a set of airborne webbing and so far it's been up to the job. Whilst it is a little bit more expensive than the standard set, I would go for a set where all of the pouches are double lined, if for some reason I had to purchase another set.

The only issue I had was waiting for it to arrive...you do need to order early as they do tend to get a little busy when certain units are about to deploy.

6. Ive got a set and its the dogs!! Go for the 3 pouch option if you are less than 16 stone, Ive got the 4 pouch and its a touch roomy but perfect over body armour!!!!

7. How long is your armour??

8. TROOPERS!!!!!!

For god sake!

P.S.

or fatmini on here makes them to same specs and cheaper (I think)

His stuff's good