Dragon Supplies Airborne Webbing

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Glen.Shiels, Jan 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I ordered a set of Dragon Supplies Airborne Webbing on Friday after reading some decent reviews online.

Has anyone got or had this webbing and would be able to give me some pros and cons?

Cheers :p

2. Long deliver times as it sometimes takes a while for them to net it in the aivory?

3. It isn't great quality I'm afraid, should have paid the extra money for a set from Jay Jays or Dixie's Corner.

4. Is it not traditional to ask the question before you order.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MrBane

MrBane War Hero Reviewer Reviews Editor

6. Fully agree! Jayjays all the way.

7. MrBane

People say this, but the set I bought, apart from the stitching at the start which I had rectified, has been a brilliant piece of kit. When it was hanging off the SGL's on the Jackal and getting flung about like mad, that was when, if ever, the kit was going to fall to bits and it never did.

Funnily enough, I'm now trying to sell my set for £30 but no bugger wants DPM these days. Doh.

8. Yea, I'm not going to say it's horrendous quality. But having seen a few people break their Dragon kit, and hearing some horror stories, I'd personally spend the extra if I wanted a set of airborne webbing.
    If you're only selling it because it's DPM, have you thought about giving it a spray into a more MTP set of colours?

9. MrBane

No longer have a requirement for it, so tried to get a good price at first, now just want to get it out of my goddamn cupboard. :D

On the subject of quality though, if you're going to buy bespoke webbing, you may as well go to Dixies Corner for it. Graham will make you whatever crazy ass ideas you come up with and give you webbing exactly the way you want it.

His shop assistant, Sarah, is also well fit.

http://www.arrse.co.uk/content/656-closer-look-dixies-corner-arrse-review.html

http://www.arrse.co.uk/content/504-review-dixies-corner-multicam-webbing-spider-yoke.html

http://www.arrse.co.uk/content/575-review-issue-plce-bergan-modification-dixies-corner.html

10. Screw Jay Jays then!

11. Caecilius

Caecilius LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I went for the Boris MOLLE battle belt. It can be worn with Osprey, works with the pouches in the black bag and all pouches can easily be moved around when you want to change the set-up and can then replaced when they eventually break.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Give it a few years and DPM will be well ally. You read it here first

13. Anyone know if Dragons concealment paint is Infra-red resistant? I sent them an email about it but they didnt see fit to reply.

14. Hi.

Their concealment paint is just paint, definately not IRR.

Their service and quality has really gone down hill recently.

All they are doing is getting kit made abroad and selling it at a high profit.

Been in a few times and their Saturday guy has left, he was really good & new alot of subjects and was helpful.

Not impressed with those who work in their now, all they want is your money.

15. All very negative! Are you the Saturday guy and were sacked?

And there is nothing wrong with getting g10 for men webbing, if you set it up properly....