Dragon, Disciple or other?

I'm looking to get some stitched together webbing. There are quite a few makers on the market but I haven't had chance to get hands on. I'm thinking either Dragon, Disciple, Jayjays or Dixies Corner. I need proper rugged quality for soldiering and not some Chinese rubbish that looks ok but piles in at the 6 mile point of the AFT.

Does anyone out there have any thoughts on the above makes? Pros and cons please,

Thanks

Tomo

AIRBORNEJOCK

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Troopers in colchester do a good set of belt kit I would steal away from the dragons stuff. Or alternately troopers do a good job of stitching issued pouches together and change the clips etc.

Stay away from dragon supplies unless you want to look like a massive crow/shitcunt

JayJays are really good but expensive. Quality clips metal rings thick cordura etc.

Disciple are ok but their MTP is really dark for some reason.

To be fair, if you are in osprey get a battle belt and under armour yoke.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I've used Dragon webbing and its pretty good for what you pay for, however Dragon is seriously over priced.

However

One of the clips broke first time out and I' not a fan of the nylon feel of the roll pin belt, but it does the job.

Years ago I had some work done by Jay Jays (ammo pouches replaced on vest) and it was top notch work.

Go for Jay Jays, Troopers or Dixies Corner if you want a custom belt-kit.

As others have said, I'd stay away from the Dragon stuff.

I may have mentioned before PM Boris, discuss your requirements, and get a custom made high quality rig/belt/vest at prices cheaper than the other suppliers above.

Go molle and go Boris, nuff said

I've used Dragon webbing and its pretty good for what you pay for, however Dragon is seriously over priced.

So its not good for what you pay for if its over priced ?

Pretty sure Boris doesnt do Airbourne webbing ,its not his thing .

You could always go 50/50 molle and fixed .

Boris has done a fair bit of gear for some of the airbourne lads so he may have it in his selection.

jayjays turned my issue pouches into a stitched set up at about half the price of airborne webbing

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tomahawk6 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 6
Enlightened_One The NAAFI Bar 82
tomahawk6 Infantry 16