Builds Dragon 1/35 Jagdtiger (Porsche)

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Those & Panthers. Plus Stugs in the TD/assault gun role. By far the greatest threat to our armour rather than perceived loads of Tigers. Am reading Tank Action atm by a new troop commander with the Sherwoods immediately post D-Day & IV's & Panthers by the most common & very very capable guns on them.
The Tiger was originally conceived as a breakthrough tank, not a heavy as it ended up being used.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Those & Panthers. Plus Stugs in the TD/assault gun role. By far the greatest threat to our armour rather than perceived loads of Tigers. Am reading Tank Action atm by a new troop commander with the Sherwoods immediately post D-Day & IV's & Panthers by the most common & very very capable guns on them.

I'm sure I've heard someone describe the 75mm on the panther as a better tank gun than the 88.

ches

LE
Right, had a slow down (again) thanks to real life getting the way but managed to finally get the barrel & mantlet on last night which means the build is done bar the tools, tow cables & barrel lock. All these have to wait for the zim to go on.

1622107118881.png

She's a big bugger even in 1/35. Plonked on the base for the FW190 i've still got to paint.

1622107181707.png

With the long weekend coming up & decent weather in this sun soaked paradise in the heart of the industrial north west I will be making all efforts to get the zim done, get the airbrush out & spray this, the FW 190 & possibly an old Pz II I've got built.

ches

LE
Aye, well what a lovely long weekend I've had............getting sod all done but domestic tasks & then picking up a cold/sore throat. No progress on the beast at all. Bugger.

How are you getting on? I'm just looking at a Dragon Stug and I must say the quality is stunning

ches

LE
Barely a sausage done tbh. Managed to re attach a roadwheel that had gone awol but thats been about it. I'm dying to get the remaining zim on it but thats a big job & I can't seem to find a few hours free atm to crack on.

Edit to add, some of the FB groups do moan about Dragon stuff but on the whole I reckon still good stuff. Not sure I'd match them up against an RFM or Das Werk kit though based on my stash stuff.

Latest Threads