• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Draft DIN 2009DIN02-216 - drill pace to be changed??

Jist seen this on Armynet - has anyone else seen it? I imagine there will be some frothing...

DRAFT - DEFENCE INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTICES – DRAFT

(Not to be communicated to anyone outside HM Service without authority)

Title: Proposed change in foot drill timings
Audience: All Regular Service Personnel
Applies: Following review
Expires: N/A
Reference: 2009DIN02-216
Released: Estimated 4 / 2009
Channel: 02 – Personnel
Content: Change in foot drill timings
Sponsor: SP Pol Ceremonial
Contact: Miss Carrie Onstaff , SP Pol Foot Drill Review 1a, x9671 8961
Background – The Need For Change:
1. The current pace of 120 paces per minute ( ppm ) has remained unchanged for over 100 years.
2. Formed bodies of Armed Forces personnel are continuing to move at this pace.
3. There are currently faster PPM in use amongst a minority of troops
4. Slower timings result in unnecessary delays which are avoidable
Key Points
Introduction of a Forces-wide pace of 140ppm would result in formed bodies of moving faster from point to point
SP Pol Foot Drill estimates that £2.1 million pounds per annum could be saved following swifter movement of formed bodies of troops
There will be consideration given to exempting eg. Household Division on Ceremonial and State occasions only
There will be special transitional arrangements for personnel who are currently deployed on Operations

Introduction
2. This DIN, is an update of the draft DIN 2009DIN02-093, which describes:
a. Rational for change
b. Implementation process and timeframe.
c. Cascade process
d. Course loading at ATRs for new drill standards

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
What part of 'not Communicated..." etc do you not understand? twit! Classified information and all that malarky

Edited to stop a case of the sulks

Bravo_Bravo said:
Jist seen this on Armynet - has anyone else seen it? I imagine there will be some frothing...

Contact: Miss Carrie Onstaff , SP Pol Foot Drill Review 1a, x9671 8961
I remember her! Didn't she also work with Miss O'Check-Pace and that welsh bloke, Dai Daleft?

Has anyone thought of the effect this could have on increasing strain, injury, fatigue etc? (and therefore related combat effectiveness upon completion of faster marches - there is, I believe, not having served myself, a rise in the usefulness of the foot march in Afghanistan as it enables more covert movement)
Seems the government is penny-pinching as much as possible lately, and I won't be surprised when it comes back to bite them on the arse.

DeusVolt said:
Has anyone thought of the effect this could have on increasing strain, injury, fatigue etc? (and therefore related combat effectiveness upon completion of faster marches - there is, I believe, not having served myself, a rise in the usefulness of the foot march in Afghanistan as it enables more covert movement)
Seems the government is penny-pinching as much as possible lately, and I won't be surprised when it comes back to bite them on the arse.

Errr........... April Fool?

Or did you not read anything other than the first post in the thread, but not very closely?

Forastero

LE
DeusVolt said:
Morning Trigger!

Latest Threads