Dr Who Series 12 2020

The show isn't going down well with viewer reviews on Rotten Tomatoes.
Most of the reviews are from Dr Who fans who say they can't cope with the PC, anti-male, etc agenda, and what they regard as poor stories.

Screenshot_20200114-114129.png

Last edited:

Chef

LE
^ Well I am surprised.

^ assuming that is not sarcasm then so am I.

I would have expected the critics to pan it and Joe Public to rate it.

Odd.

Chef

LE
^ assuming that is not sarcasm then so am I.

I would have expected the critics to pan it and Joe Public to rate it.

Odd.
Au contraire, the series looks set to be woke and address all the burning social issues of 2020. Perfect chance for critics to 'get it' and heap praise on it.

Less so people who don't make a living as a critic and are more inclined to reject stuff that isn't entertaining which is the primary role of Dr Who however one looks at it.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Au contraire, the series looks set to be woke and address all the burning social issues of 2020. Perfect chance for critics to 'get it' and heap praise on it.

Less so people who don't make a living as a critic and are more inclined to reject stuff that isn't entertaining which is the primary role of Dr Who however one looks at it.
Precisely.

My nipper, who was 14 at the time, predicted it back when it was announced that Chris Chibnall was taking over as lead writer. He, my nipper, was a die-hard whovian; we did the whole Dr Who experience when on holiday, his email address is even whoniverse related, but he dropped the whole thing, stating "it won't matter who the new Doctor is, if he's writing the stories, it'll be rubbish". He wasn't wrong and as others have said it's not JW's fault, she's doing the best she can with a shite script/plot etc

TamH70

MIA
My nipper, who was 14 at the time, predicted it back when it was announced that Chris Chibnall was taking over as lead writer. He, my nipper, was a die-hard whovian; we did the whole Dr Who experience when on holiday, his email address is even whoniverse related, but he dropped the whole thing, stating "it won't matter who the new Doctor is, if he's writing the stories, it'll be rubbish". He wasn't wrong and as others have said it's not JW's fault, she's doing the best she can with a shite script/plot etc
Harrison Ford had the same problem on the first Star Wars film and had the front to face up to George Lucas. That's why things improved greatly in "The Empire Strikes Back" and "The Return of the Jedi" in terms of their writing. JW either doesn't have the guts to do the same thing or completely believes in the material she's being fed.

Nicola Bryant who played "Peri" until she was replaced by Bonnie Langford. God, I'm old !
Oh you're not that old, I can remember when the very first Doctor (William Hartnell) along with his granddaughter Susan (Carole Ann Ford) nicked a Tardis and escaped from Gallifrey, that was back in 1963.

Londo

LE
Oh you're not that old, I can remember when the very first Doctor (William Hartnell) along with his granddaughter Susan (Carole Ann Ford) nicked a Tardis and escaped from Gallifrey, that was back in 1963.
I can remember hiding behind the sofa in those days too . Can't remember what the plot was about but it scared the hell out of me =D

I wonder if the writer really believes all this woke nonsense, or is he "only obeyink orders mein herr" and writing what he is told to. Or is it a case that no one at the BBC has the sphericals to stand up and say it's rubbish at the risk of being branded reactionary?

I can remember hiding behind the sofa in those days too . Can't remember what the plot was about but it scared the hell out of me =D
The plot IIRCC was set during the stone age with some caveman trying to make fire. It's funny that I can remember something from a show shown 57 years ago but can't remember where I left my glasses five minutes ago.

Londo

LE
The plot IIRCC was set during the stone age with some caveman trying to make fire. It's funny that I can remember something from a show shown 57 years ago but can't remember where I left my glasses five minutes ago.
My memory is much like that too but with huge gaps in it from a bang on the head . Can remember the plot of a book I read 30 years ago but a few months ago read a follow up by the same author . Two weeks later I picked up the book and thought have I read this ? Could not remember a single thing about it .
Regarding you're glasses , just the other day someone posted on arrse what may have happened to them ....

Attachments

My memory is much like that too but with huge gaps in it from a bang on the head . Can remember the plot of a book I read 30 years ago but a few months ago read a follow up by the same author . Two weeks later I picked up the book and thought have I read this ? Could not remember a single thing about it .
Regarding you're glasses , just the other day someone posted on arrse what may have happened to them ....
I did find my glasses and thankfully not baked into a loaf of bread. I left them in the tractor cab earlier when I was shifting snow. I gave you a funny for the loaf thing and not for the bang on the head and subsequent memory loss.

Londo

LE
I did find my glasses and thankfully not baked into a loaf of bread. I left them in the tractor cab earlier when I was shifting snow. I gave you a funny for the loaf thing and not for the bang on the head and subsequent memory loss.
Urgh . Snow . Cant stand the stuff these days and am glad to say not seen any yet in my neck of the woods . Although were in the middle of a storm at the moment , lots of rain and high winds . Trees down in the area and fences all over the place .

Urgh . Snow . Cant stand the stuff these days and am glad to say not seen any yet in my neck of the woods . Although were in the middle of a storm at the moment , lots of rain and high winds . Trees down in the area and fences all over the place .
Fortunately up here the snow is the light stuff as opposed to the heavy wet stuff so easier to move. I don't mind the snow, in fact I don't mind winter time, it's a break from mozzies and all the other biting bastard insects.

Latest Threads