Dr Who Series 12 2020

There is hope. They must have almost reached the stage where every single box has been ticked and there is no more virtue signalling to be achieved. Perhaps it will get back to decent plots and monsters where your kids are obliged to hide behind the sofa?
I’m not holding my breath though and based on the trailers shown over the last few days, I’ll be giving it a miss. Such a shame, I’d love to watch it with the grandkids, but don’t wish to be constantly explaining box ticking plot lines about alien lesbians or the racist, cruel British Empire.

There is hope. They must have almost reached the stage where every single box has been ticked and there is no more virtue signalling to be achieved. Perhaps it will get back to decent plots and monsters where your kids are obliged to hide behind the sofa?
I’m not holding my breath though and based on the trailers shown over the last few days, I’ll be giving it a miss. Such a shame, I’d love to watch it with the grandkids, but don’t wish to be constantly explaining box ticking plot lines about alien lesbians or the racist, cruel British Empire.
Remember, they fecking hate us.

Merry Christmas, Nazi.

Just remember: when the viewing figures hit bottom, it’s because we weren’t ready for the genius of it, not because it was shît.
For only 50p a year.......

I stopped watching it last year about four episodes in. Nothing to do with Jodie Whittaker or the excessive number of politically correct companions, but everything to do with how bad the writing was. Too much political correctness being pounded into the viewer's head.

Anyway, It's back, but I'm not biting this time. I'm not interested in the Doctor's quest to protect trans-genderism in the universe.

I wonder how much money the BBC is willing to lose to keep this series on the air if no one is watching it?

Cheers,
Dan.

£154.50 to find out if it is shit or not.
I'll stick with the tube of you.

Unless it's got Daleks in it I don't want to know .
They'll be Muslim daleks before you know it, they've already got the hang of Jihad and don't eat bacon so it's only a matter of time

Londo

LE
They'll be Muslim daleks before you know it, they've already got the hang of Jihad and don't eat bacon so it's only a matter of time
Got to be careful with those sink plungers though , but at least they can find work as plumbers and not just goat herders .

I’d love to watch it with the grandkids, but don’t wish to be constantly explaining box ticking plot lines about alien lesbians or the racist, cruel British Empire.
You mean they don’t already know?!

Jesus wept, man, what have you been teaching them?

I've got some DVDs he could borrow to help with educating them about the lesbian part.

I think my deviancy is getting the better of me.

I have the hots for being the meat in a sandwich of Madam Vastra and Jenny. I know the former is a lizard but I don’t do judgemental. I might seek help after Christmas.

I will watch the new series but it will be with very low expectations. The last series was universally shite. I don’t mind the concept of a girly doc per se but JW didn’t float my boat.

Birds in space should be shaggable, like Seven From Nine, not mimsy northerners who might offer you a brew and a barm cake.

That new Star Trek series is shite as well.

Chef

LE
So far so predictable. The new year two parter was average although Lenny Henry did a nice speech on the amount of data people give away.

The first adventure had a script that I suspect was written by Greta Thunberg (whatever happened to her?) and was so full of plot holes as to be risible.

A whole planet overrun with apex predators (Alien has made monster designers very lazy) and no herds of prey to be seen. Said planet is totally dead, apart from some rather lovely mature trees to be seen in the back ground.

Single parents, mixed race children and full time carers all over the shop. Just for a change the romantic, female, lead wasn't a lesbian. So they missed a trick there.

A heap of kak and does not bode well for the future. The last Dr as bad as this was Sylvester McCoy's effort.

As has been said:

Just remember: when the viewing figures hit bottom, it’s because we weren’t ready for the genius of it, not because it was shît.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
So far so predictable. The new year two parter was average although Lenny Henry did a nice speech on the amount of data people give away.

The first adventure had a script that I suspect was written by Greta Thunberg (whatever happened to her?) and was so full of plot holes as to be risible.

A whole planet overrun with apex predators (Alien has made monster designers very lazy) and no herds of prey to be seen. Said planet is totally dead, apart from some rather lovely mature trees to be seen in the back ground.

Single parents, mixed race children and full time carers all over the shop. Just for a change the romantic, female, lead wasn't a lesbian. So they missed a trick there.

A heap of kak and does not bode well for the future. The last Dr as bad as this was Sylvester McCoy's effort.

As has been said:
To be honest, last year's was such bilge that I didn't even bother this year.

I wondered about those trees as well. It couldn’t have been too difficult to have them edited out or the scene shot differently.

I also couldn’t help wondering what the predators ate. Each other presumably.

And all the running around. Oy vey.

I have zero recollection of how it ended last night. (I wasn’t pissed either as I watched The Sky At Night and a great docco on photographing a black hole afterwards).

It must either be a two parter or have been so dull and unmemorable that my brain dumped it out of short term memory into the recycle bin.

It was the Drs rant at the end that ruined it for me - even Mrs phantom rolled her eyes.

I was surprised that the absentee parent was female, although she was a career woman.. then again she was putting people at risk for profit ... But trying to terraform a planet..... At the expense of the locals...

I gave up after David Tennant left, since then it has been shite on top of shite.