Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dr Who Series 12 2020

Just a had look at the Dr Who trailer. Black Daleks, really? Oh dear me.

But they haven't even got to the Daleks converting to Islam yet
Muslim Daleks with Islamic Ray guns wandering the universe shouting "Exterminate inshallah!" on the BBC.

Not likely.

TamH70

MIA
Muslim Daleks with Islamic Ray guns wandering the universe shouting "Exterminate inshallah!" on the BBC.

Not likely.

You mean, "Not likely NOT to happen given Chinball's obsessions", don't you?

You mean, "Not likely NOT to happen given Chinball's obsessions", don't you?
The Beeb showing Mohammed's finest as cold, killing machines that want to take over the universe?

Nope.

They're more likely to have orange daleks with red lids bearing the phrase:
"Make Daleks Great Again."

ETA: Davros with a Donaldesque toupee would be a giggle though.

The Beeb showing Mohammed's finest as cold, killing machines that want to take over the universe?

Nope.

They're more likely to have orange daleks with red lids bearing the phrase:
"Make Daleks Great Again."

ETA: Davros with a Donaldesque toupee would be a giggle though.
Orange Daleks? Would they have a marching season and wear bowler hats?

I thought fat shaming was a big no-no in media at the moment, why do the 2021 Daleks look anorexic?

Haven’t seen many planets or spaceships that are wheelchair accessible and a lot of escaping is involved so unless the wheelchair can levitate and is rocket powered she’s not going to live very long.
Mind you being BAME and wearing a red jacket is a dead give away of survivability (Star Trek).
So basically Davros becomes the Doctor....

Bollox.

What a bummer.

If Amazon can't do it I don't suppose anyone else will bother. I was rather hoping they might lavish GOT style budgets on it as it was a pet project of Bezos.

It's a double bummer when you consider how much dosh has been wasted on some really shite SF series.

I'd rather they did it to the standard required by the family.

Otherwise you get woke shite like this:

The sash my Davros wore...
I'd like to see syncopated Daleks playing "Sloop John B", (alternate lyrics used by loyalists, but the tune is still Sloop John B).

I'd rather they did it to the standard required by the family.

Hmmm. The Banks estate certainly seem to have put the mockers on it.

Link: Amazon cancels TV adaptation of Iain M. Banks’ sci-fi Culture series

I find that a bit odd as they must surely know the depth of affection Culture fans have for Banks. It can hardly have been for financial reasons given it was a Bezos pet project (and lets face it, there are no more books coming).

The novel is also one of the most straightforward and linear Culture novels so should convert to the big screen fairly easily.

Shame really.

Could be worse, could be banjos.

Latest Threads