Dr Who Series 12 2020

I think she probably does. In my opinion, she's trying to be like David Tennant - a bit wacky, a bit out-there - but from seeing a couple of interviews she's done, she says she's been well received as the Doctor.

She's mistaken.
From Yorkshire and a woman

don't tell him pike.

Just kidding. We'd be rolling his withered corpse off of her before we got sloppy seconds.

Allegedly.
RGJs walt

He only did one season as he was worried of becoming typecast. That was a shame, he was impressive to watch.
I heard they offered him the second while filming the first. He said no as he though it was sh1t. Not seen finished CGI?
Heard from a BBC employee at the time

On the other hand, it's nice that an actor can have the courage to do that, rather than just turning up and taking the money.
Agreed. I recently started watching the modern era from the start (simply because iPlayer let me). Some of the storylines were pretty cheesy, and the whole Bilie Piper love story thing was a distraction, but overall Ecclestone was pretty good and holds up well.

He also spawned one of may favourite Dr Who comedy sketches. Dead Ringers did a variation on the Monty Python Northern Writer sketch, where Ecclestone returns home in character to the disgust of his family who are all Star Trek fans.

It's audio dramas rather than TV Doctor Who, but can't be long before there is a TV Dr Who at this rate...

Dr Who gets it's first tranny, at this rate the Tardis is going to need a bigger wardrobe

Blogg

LE
Your ears are probably fine.

I couldn’t hear a word in DW. Apart from the black woman.

I watched a couple of episodes of Peep Show last night. Same sound settings, same volume level. Heard every word clearly and distinctly.

They probably used the sound team from Jamaica Inn and recorded it in Mumblethon.

Same with The Outsider. Bastards.
A man who knows about such things tells me it can go titsup when a 5.1 original soundtrack gets mangled down into stereo or mono format.

Loads of stuff sold overseas has the main speaking parts on the centre channel only. Then sold without that, music and effects only, leaving customer to plonk dubbed version on.

On top of that, many luvvies simply refuse to enunciate the way their forebears used to and get all artistic if pressed, leaving the sound people to do the best they can with what started off on the day as a piss poor performance.

Robme

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yep i’v stoped watchin it, no sign of a slipped pubic hair or nipple popping out. Very disappointed.

I've got it on in the background while we have supper. The grandson is more interested in his Spag Bol than the Cybermen - he had a look, stifled a yawn, then got back to his grub!
Unlike in my day when we were petrified of the Cybermen. Kids of today eh? :grin:
Why is Dr Who copying Star Trek and making the Cybermen look like the Borg ffs?!

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I've got it on in the background while we have supper. The grandson is more interested in his Spag Bol than the Cybermen - he had a look, stifled a yawn, then got back to his grub!
Unlike in my day when we were petrified of the Cybermen. Kids of today eh? :grin:
Why is Dr Who copying Star Trek and making the Cybermen look like the Borg ffs?!
Trying to cash in on a commercial 'success'.

In short, following not leading.

I said that to my missus. What's the Borg bloke doing assimilating the Cybermen?
Mind you, far better episode than some of the previous ones. I was expecting head Borg Cyberman to turn out to have gender reassignment surgery or something but, no, good honest villains threatening the planet.

Londo

LE
At least tonight's episode wasn't trying to preach to us about global warming , plastic pollution , transgender rights and there were almost as many white people in it as BAME .

exspy

LE
The grandson is more interested in his Spag Bol than the Cybermen - Unlike in my day when we were petrified of the Cybermen. Why is Dr Who copying Star Trek and making the Cybermen look like the Borg ffs?!
What's the Borg bloke doing assimilating the Cybermen?
I was expecting head Borg Cyberman to turn out to have gender reassignment surgery or something but, no, good honest villains threatening the planet.
I'm just waiting for Cyberman to be a little too gender-specific.
Would all you cis neanderthals please stop! It's Cyberperson or, to be more exact, Cyber-stop oppressing me with your outdated notions of non-spectrum relate-able sexual dominion I'm just as God made me you white Christian homophobic first world money owning land exploiting gas guzzling no-means-no avoiding vagina fearing haters-person.

If you want their full title.

I stopped watching Doctor Who when Roberta Tovey was no longer in it.
I hasten to add she was two years older than me at the time, therefore I would have been her toy boy. Having looked at the images on google, she looks like an annoying little brat. Abit like Greta Thunberg, but saving the planet from Daleks. I mean what harm did they ever do except want to take over the world and exterminate everyone.

Anyway, time for my med's.

Latest Threads