"Dr Earth" - SCARY Environmentalist

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by FARMBOY, Jun 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Check out this loon http://www.club4climate.com/dr_earth/ :D

Either he is very deluded or a big fan of Austin Powers - apparently he is also on the shortlist to become a Tory MP!!

Enjoy!

2. Sorry to bump this again but if you read "30 things you did not know about Dr Earth" you will discover this alarming fact

HE HAS BEEN A SPECIAL CONSTABLE SINCE 1995 SERVING FOR THE CITY OF LONDON POLICE DETACHMENT OF THE HONOURABLE ARTILLERY COMAPANY, PART OF TWO SQUADRON. THE OLDEST REGIMENT IN THE BRITISH ARMY. HE IS ALSO PART OF THE MOUNTED TROOP OF THE PRESTIGIOUS LIGHT CAVALRY UNIT.

Dr Earth is in the Cav??

3. Not another Short(t) thread...

4. Riiiiiiiight (little finger in corner of mouth)... So he's done a lot...

My guess is he's not a Short(t) Mk 2... its just a bizzare wind up.

5. ...And I'm a Wizard-King from Mars.

Bet he doesn't have a girlfriend.

6. Didn't Ben Elton do a spoof of a chap like this, in his book "This Other Eden"?

7. Apart from claiming to be a barrister and monkey-botherer, what I find most objectionable is his penchant for using capital letters. It really is quite rude.

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

9. I don't care if he owns half of London and dines with Elvis, he's a lying, fraudulent loon. I'm so incensed, I'm almost tempted to email him and state, in no uncertain terms, that I don't recycle.

10. Perfectly qualified for government then.When does he get his cabinet seat?

11. I think you're right... this is so OTT that there's no way it's not a wah.

Either that or he is actually as mad as a box of frogs.

12. I hope it's a wah Badgertastic but some of those Knightly orders Dr Earth lists do have the whiff of the great baron about them.

I presume some City based Arrsers may well have seen Dr Earth on the beat as a Special??

I imagine Dr Earth is not on duty when the environmental protesters are out and about?

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Whilst I have a huge amount of time for the HAC and their attached Special Constabulary, the Light Cavalry contain some of the biggest knobbers that I have ever met. Quite frankly I am amazed that they have not been detached from Armoury House and sent to join the LOF; but I am probably stretching the point; but not by much.

14. Just another ordinary bloke then.
    It must be a wind up as lots of that is incompatible with other bits.
    Also if he needed to be taught by so many spiritual systems it only shows that he has dominated none.
    Mind if he really believes all this then he is a perfect candidate for the next Liarbor leader, so what is he doing going for the Tories? Unless they have decided they need a boost in the looney side to catch the fringe votes.

15. Gremlin are the Light Cavalry those guys that have that all grey mess dress and are to be seen giving it the big "Je Suis" at the HAC balls? If so I 100% concur with your observations - and agree with the LOF comparison :D
    Are the Light Cavalry serving TA?