DPM with civvies

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by gunnerfalkey, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question. Having aquired a german flectarn DPM smock as a gift from a friend should i wear it as a jacket whilst in civi order?

Is it "walty" to wear DPM casually as a civi? Is it Sad?

Your thoughts please.

Thanks

8)

2. [​IMG]

Gok says..........

DONT BE A F UCKING HOMO

3. DPM's for winners. Current issue temperate DPM during the day and at night I slip into MARPAT trousers, battered Meindl desert fox's and a faded, stained and ripped maroon t-shirt. I'm sad, brainwashed and institutionalised but the money I would've spent on clothes I can use on prostitutes, sweets for kids and kleenex.

4. Sensible answers only please chaps, please remember this is not the Naafi.

5. They were sensible answers. If you're finding yourself with an overwhelming urge to constantly cover yourself in DPM - go regular you STAB walter.

6. Ask a sensible question then and not one that can be derided.

7. [​IMG]

Trinny and susannah say.....

"STOP BEING A F UCKING WALTER YOU HOMO"

8. DPM is work clothing.To be worn when at work.

9. Agreed, but it's not as if i wear German Fleckarn DPM at work is it?

10. Are you in the Bundeswehr? No? Then you don't wear it. I'm a cadet and even I think it's walty to wear camo apart from when it's supposed to be worn.

Besides, tropentarn looks better anyway :wink:

The only time camo with civi's looks good is when you cut the legs off to make shorts. ACU actually looks alright with pasty white legs

11. It's plain sad. Buy some nice civilian tops instead.
    I've got a Belgian and a Danish desert jacket which I recieved as gifts, but I'm never wearing them.

I bumped into a lad at a civvy friends barbecue last summer who was wearing a USA grey digi pattern jacket. It was all badged up too, and had "HELMAND" patch on the chest.
    I asked him if he felt any shame in wearing such a jacket while people were out there working hard and dying in such a jacket. It turned out that he WAS actually serving Brit Army and had got the jacket from a mate.

I don't think you can class him as a Walt, just a sad ****.

Do yourself a favour mate, put the flecktarn in the loft and show it to your grandkids in a few decades. In the mentime, wear something made by Next, or someone.

12. [​IMG]

Elton says....

"I STARTED WITH FLECKTARN.....AND LOOK WHAT IT LEADS TO....DON'T BE A F UCKING HOMO"

13. I also have recieved a Black SAS smock.

Since it's not DPM, it surely would not be walty to wear that with jeans?

14. Why is it an SAS smock?

15. 'Cos that's what it said on Ebay when he bought it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.