DPM torch

In the vain of various 5.56 threads:

I got the DPM maglite torch and I fink it's really good for a 14 year old cadet/nazi cos it now means I don't get shotted when using white light until I'm right on top ov the enemy and then it's too late cos I can stab them wiv my 87 function swiss army knife which I've coloured in green and brown cos i is hard.

What are your experiences? Are dpm maglites the dog's danglies? Is this something HMG government should force the MoD to invest in, given the likely positive impact on combat casualities? Do some people just need to get out more?

P.S I do actually have one... they'd run out of all the other colours - honest gov. What does it matter what colour a torch is? It's the light coming out of it that matters (red filters...)
oh no, I'm turning into one of them *points a wavering finger at walts*

The Spar shop at Lichfield sells a maglite for £14.99 (nice bit of product placement there) but to get the same torch in DPM costs £19.99! A fool and his money are easily parted!

Surely even a DPM torch can't be as walt as DPM tape though?

I can't think of a witty answer, so I'll go all serious...

AA Maglites are the way to go, if only because the batteries are lighter and last longer than those in the Torch, RA (especially if you use the pathetic green ones).

Because you can't clip a Maglite on in the same way as a Torch, RA, you need to invest in some of the Nite-ize stuff.

I can't, in good conscience, advocate the DPM version, though this is purely because it always seems to be more expensive than the black.

That was waaaaay to serious..... 8O

i went and bought a maglite in bright red, caus i was always dropping the DPM ones and could never find them again.

DrStealth said:
i went and bought a maglite in bright red, caus i was always dropping the DPM ones and could never find them again.
If you leave them switched on, this shouldn't be a problem. And I've never bought a torch to match my eyes.

is 5.56 part of the new labour 'bLiar youth' i take it then?

I bought some DPM condoms,so my wife could not see me sneaking up on her. 8O
Insert penis size jokes here. :(

space_cadet said:
I bought some DPM condoms,so my wife could not see me sneaking up on her. 8O
Insert penis size jokes here. :(

OK, I'll go for it...

As advertised on E-Bay...

Used by the SAS, the people who are in and out without anyone noticing, Size Small.

Keep them talking while I run and hide.

Yes, but is the Maglite on actually DPM? Isn't it just a spam variant?

Suggest we start a mass emailing campaign to get them to bring one out in British disruptive pattern.

army_of_1 said:
Maglite + green paint + black paint + too much free time = DPM maglite

:D
waaay to much free time if you feel you need to paint the black bits black. 8O

Buy a normal black one but heres the clever bit, cover it in DPM tape, including the lens and to be extra tacicaall cover the bulb with the tape to get that DPM light with out spending extra cash on the special secret bulbs.