• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

dpm baseball cap

Drop Zone supplies I reckon.

Or, even better, our very own Kit Monster.

That's two for you, the choice is yours.

Edit, due to forgetting about kit monster.

excuse my arrogance... but if you're somewhere where people need to know your blood group in a rush, shouldn't you have something a bit harder on your head?

as for the reason for no bush hat, you can by a 1m strip of velcro off ebay for about a quid (i did!). you can also buy a reel of olive green thread for another quid. and a needle... pennies.

hint hint.

therealbigdizzle said:
excuse my arrogance... but if you're somewhere where people need to know your blood group in a rush, shouldn't you have something a bit harder on your head?

as for the reason for no bush hat, you can by a 1m strip of velcro off ebay for about a quid (i did!). you can also buy a reel of olive green thread for another quid. and a needle... pennies.

hint hint.
You're going ot make a bush hat out of velcro?

chocolate_frog said:
therealbigdizzle said:

hint hint.
Should stop it falling off?

chocolate_frog said:
therealbigdizzle said:

hint hint.
Don't be daft. Velcro is only in inch or two inch wide strips.
He will never manage a baseball cap.
I would think he might manage to turban but never a baseball cap.

Mr Happy

LE
For my money I thought Prince Hazza in his basedball cap with yank stars and stripes was pretty nifty, though the stars and stripes was a bit of an issue for me until I realised he was staking his claiming to the old Colonies and therefore a touch of genius..

Rather than a baseball cap (too American for my tastes), what do people think about re-introducing the old combat cap but in desert camouflage and weight? It did ok for Rommel and his Afrika Korps mates!

Opinions?

gearspotter, loving your idea, there was one similar knocking around ages ago. i have one that is cream,green and brown, not sure where i got it though or even if it was on issue

That was our original desert camouflage that we then sold to Iraq. Which is why we then suddenly had to invent our current stuff in the back end of 1990!

I saw one in Afghanistan last year which got me thinking a out it. The desert hats get so tailored by most people that we look like Fred Carno's Army and it doesn't provide any sun protection. Whereas a cap will at least screen the face. Just cannot stomach the thought of sanctioning a baseball cap!

go on gear spotter you know you want to, lets face it, its more about fashion than anything else. everything that is on issue is spot on but the troops will always go that bit extra to keep up with trends, as the saying goes its '90% fashion and 10% practicality'. why else do the troops where trops when cs95 will do the same.
although if you do sign one off then please go for the old stylee afrika korp mitt velcro patches, maybe just do it in beige tho.

Latest Threads