Downloader programme for YOUTUBE

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by mcreature, May 23, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any programmes that will download Channel 4/5 off youtube.

Realplayer and Youtube Downloader won't do it(certain videos are blocked)

2. What program were you trying to download ?
  3. Sothink web downloader
  4. You can do the "ss" trick - on the address bar, where it says something like: (( insert ss after the www. like so: (( This bounces your page to a downloading programme (Rapidshare) and downloads it for you. Don't know how secure it is, though.

Alternatively, using Google Chrome, activate the Ultimate Youtube Downloader, which is excellent. Can't be used with any other browser, I don't think.
  5. Nope. Blocked by C4 I suspect. Came across this while testing, though. Outstanding.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Free Download Manager,

works for me
  7. Yeah, realplayer and ytd are crappy.
    I prefer to download through my browser. It's called Torch browser and it has an integrated video downloader, so it works good with youtube and facebook. I'm sure that it's a good solution for you.
  8. Iuse firefox, it can download from any tube site. There is also youtube downloader, which is handy and can convert vidoes, so you can ever stick it on your mobile. Firefox has a special little set of balls symbol, I think red, blue and yellow. Click on them and it downloads for you. Remember firefox is free to download and install.