Downloaded .303 - available commercially?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by sunnoficarus, Jun 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After years of infighting, the range nazis at my club have finally deigned to let us use downloads on the range.
    But as usual, the nazis have a plan to add buggeration. Unless you have commercial rounds, you will have to submit some rounds to be chrono'd and signed off by them before each shooty time.

So, any commercial stuff avaiable? 400ft/lb, 2,100fps is the limit IIRC.
  2. What browser are you using ?
    The two I normally use, IE & Firefox wouldn´t be able to download .303 .
    Maybe I am using the wrong versions ????
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oh funny, its a common trick that downloading to a gallery load. It can be easily done but I would recommend some cast lead pills. I once loaded some 6.5 swede for a custoimer with a similar range nazi problem, the tit wanted all the bullets pulled and charges weighed. The problem is powder gets lost or stuck to the lubed bullets. The club was full of knobs and I told them it would be easier to provide reloading facilities on site for members and with digital scales prove they werent exceeding the limits. The pratts would only allow 3 powders to be used as well. Utter range nazis!
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Try milsurp after hours or cast boolits
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sierra do a load for 2100fps with 174 gn fmj but its ME is 1743 foot pound so no good.
  6. Oh, and don't dick around with fillers. That way lies problems unless you know what you're doing. A large rifle primer produces enough flame to ignite the whole charge without problems, no matter where it is in the case. And yes, I've done this a lot.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BLOODY IPAD! Drooped a digit.

That shoukd read, 2100fps, 1400lt/lbs

Standard NRA gallery rifke limits.
  8. Oh, christ, in that case you can go to 16gn N110 or equivalent, but then you need to gas check and make sure your bullet fit is good.

Or, chuck about 16gn N110 behind a commercial 150-170ish grain jacketed bullet. Job jobbed. Same comments apply as above to primers, fillers etc.
  9. Cheers chaps.
  10. Shooting is a hard hobby to get into and even harder to sustain enthusiasm for when you meet some of the range mongs out there. I swear they get their licence by boring plod into giving it to them
    • Like Like x 2
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

How do you think I got mine then?
    100% agree I only shoot in the field or on private ranges now!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  12. Our range nazis are easy to spot, they don't actually like shooting or shoot much.
    The two worst examples own only 1 rifle each, a martini BSA in .22lr that they shoot the mandatory minimum of three times a year. Committee is full of similar old fossils with the same anti shooting agenda.
    Recent input of wisdom from our chairman? 'The future of shooting is air'.... Cnut.
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

They should be sacked and the club taken over by shooters!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  14. You should see them when i whip out the Colt Commando clone.... Nurse! Pass the smelling salts!