Download Command & Conquer Gold Free

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Hypno85, Sep 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is for any old school gamers out there. I saw this posted on another forum. Not sure if it been posted here yet. you can download Command and Conquer the old 1995 version for Free from EA since its the Anniversary of the Game. I'm still downloading it at the moment, it'll take about an hour or so to download.

Whelps, enjoy!

Thanks largely to the efforts of our loyal fans whom continue to sustain and grow the Command & Conquer community, Command & Conquer has become a legendary franchise and it’s time to celebrate its birth once again.

In order to give back to the fans for over 12 years of devotion we are putting together a 12th Anniversary celebration during the month of September. However, as any Command & Conquer fan knows, the true party starts today, August 31st, which marks 12 years since Command & Conquer Gold launched way back in 1995.

To kick the celebration off, today we have a special surprise which we are certain new and old Command & Conquer fans will enjoy. We are providing the original Command & Conquer Gold as a free download, compatible for Windows XP! This is the same version included with the collectors pack Command & Conquer: The First Decade, and is now available for you to download for free!

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE DOWNLOAD:

We are providing the ISO image of C&C GOLD for both the GDI and Nod discs. In order for C&C GOLD to run on Windows XP, you will need to burn the ISO image onto a CD with a CD Burner and any "CD Burning Software" such as Nero, Alcohol, etc. There are also a few extra steps in order to make C&C GOLD run on Windows XP after you burn it to CD. Please click the link below for the exact instructions after you download both files!

Copy and paste that into your browser address bar forum makes the link go funny if i don't put it in a code box.
    http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx?id=61#NewsMain

Mod Edit: I have changed it so all you do is click on the link...

[​IMG]

THE ONE THAT STARTED IT ALL! DOWNLOAD IT NOW!

Continuing on in the month of September, be sure to keep your eyes right here on our official site at www.commandandconquer.com each week as we plan to celebrate and remember 12 years of Command & Conquer in a number of different ways.

2. Also UBI have just let these game go free to.

Far Cry, Ghost Recon, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time en Rayman: Raving Rabbids

http://www.gamershell.com/ - Search!

3. Cheers for that, and there was me thinking of getting far cry the other day.

4. From the website hosting the Far Cry download: "You will need an Ubi.com account and you must live in the U.S. to play the game"

5. They don't actually come round and kick your door down to double check what you enter ya know ;)

You must have an Ubi account registered to the US to play theese games - simply go to http://ubi.com and create a new account - make sure you set your country to the US, and then use your info to install the game.

The only thing that has been altered from the retail versions is the addition of in-game advertsing. AFAIK it's not in yer face stuff though, just menu and loading screens.

6. 580MB per file!!

My PC estimates 7hrs 38mins to download the first one..

Think I might wait until I am at home where I have a slightly faster connection :)