Downing Street Defence Equipment Petitions

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Omega90129, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not going to sign these - its too little and too damn late. It is the responsibility of the Government to do these things without recourse to "petitions".

Not that government or No10 read or listen to the people any more. They will find out just how much they are hated when Brown finally calls an election.

2. Hopefully not everyone feels that way, as Edmund Burke apparently said:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to do nothing."

Edmund Burke

(In this case, for evil read Brown, Labour, Ainsworth etc... )

3. The thing is, these petitions keep getting ignored over and over and over again, I can remember seeing atleast 15 such petitions this year alone! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one of these petitions succeed, just get a canned reply stating how difficult something is to do, or they have looked into it and its not important/cost effective/other lame excuse.

4. Even when 2 million signatures went on the anti road pricing petition, yes they said they would listen, but simply renamed the programme and continued as before. Its only been eventually binned because the former Chancellor has bankrupted the country.

The PM says he will listen - will he F..K. If he listened he wouldnt be in No10 now.

5. Every signature is another gram of pressure on this shite Government,I know it is frustrating but if you apply enough pressure things fail, hopfully this government will fail soon and we can then have an election and get rid of this unelected one eyed fool

6. Agree

petitions signed....

Odo

7. Exactly my thinking, if nobody applied pressure on this government just think where the Gurkhas would be now. Apathy allows Brown and his cronies to get away with whatever they want regardless of the consequences. That and an inadequate democratic system but that's for another time...

8. Signed for what its worth I not holding my breath for Comrades Ainsworth (PIRA)& Brown to them every casualty is one less vote for an opposition party